High pass on jvc head unit cutting out sub?!

Participant count
  • Participant list

eli346
10+ year member

I just recently bought a JVC Kds79Bt (I cant post the link to it from my phone). It has 3 sets of pre outs a front, a rear and a sub out im using the sub out and when I turn on the high pasd filter it almost cocompletely cuts all bass out from my sub. I can go into sub controls on the hu and turn the sub up and down or off so its plugged into the right pre out. Does anybody else have any experience with a jvc doing this? Or is thete something wrong with mine?

That's what i thought at first but i can still turn the sub up amd down and set the low pass for it with the sub control so im pretty positive it's in the right one but ill pull it out and double check.

Alright so it's definitely plugged into the right pre outs. Wth jvc apparently I shouldve stuck with pioneer.
Snapchat-4671250032517602903_zpslbufapnc.jpg

So is there anything I can do to fix this? Not running a high pass isn't really an option door speakers dont really like 25 hz. Could I leave the high pass on the head unit on and then crank the gain on my amp way up to make up for the signal that it's cutting to the sub? Or does it not work like that.

i have a Pioneer DEH 4600bt and mine does the exact same thing, i just asked the Question about turning my gain up also but no response yet..... look under my question labeled "HELLLLPPPPPP" and maybe someone will answer your question shortly

so i was just told to turn the gain up all the way on my amp and all the way down on the bass knob then gradually turn the bass knob up until satisfied

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.