4kw subs.

Bakesbaked
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Can't make up my mind, I do want sq, but also loud for a daily system I understand that there really isn't a solid middle ground between the two but I would like a decent sounding sub stage. Will be running two 18s

I was looking into the sp4 but then decided wth I'll check out the hd4. Now I'm stuck with what I should get...

Running two scv-4000s strapped. Box rise brings me to 2.23 ohms. So I'll be getting 8k at some points.

So what's the best pick for sql,

My budget is 5-600 a sub. Recone must be easy to get ahold of. Good customer service for the company as well.

I learnt the higher priced subs that people always hate on give you more than just loud. My 9512s won a few SQ awards. They did just as good on low power as they did full tilt. You can always turn it down and you will have headroom.

Also your box rise is sub and heat dependent. It won't always be the same.

Look for subs with higher excurrsion, large spiders, light soft parts, high motor force.

Can't make up my mind, I do want sq, but also loud for a daily system I understand that there really isn't a solid middle ground between the two but I would like a decent sounding sub stage. Will be running two 18s
I was looking into the sp4 but then decided wth I'll check out the hd4. Now I'm stuck with what I should get...

Running two scv-4000s strapped. Box rise brings me to 2.23 ohms. So I'll be getting 8k at some points.

So what's the best pick for sql,

My budget is 5-600 a sub. Recone must be easy to get ahold of. Good customer service for the company as well.
Hdc4

That's what I was thinking.. Has more Xmax than the sp4. 40mm vs 33mm

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

I learnt the higher priced subs that people always hate on give you more than just loud. My 9512s won a few SQ awards. They did just as good on low power as they did full tilt. You can always turn it down and you will have headroom.
Also your box rise is sub and heat dependent. It won't always be the same.

Look for subs with higher excurrsion, large spiders, light soft parts, high motor force.
I looked up around the area the cheapest I found 9900 for was 1000$ a piece. At that price range there's a lot of other subs Id rather buy.

That's what I was thinking.. Has more Xmax than the sp4. 40mm vs 33mm 

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

I looked up around the area the cheapest I found 9900 for was 1000$ a piece. At that price range there's a lot of other subs Id rather buy.
Yea for the money on that power they cant be beat. And drop in recones are 170 shipped if u get silly with the volume knob

The hdc4 DOES NOT have more excursion than the sp4. I run hdc4's currently and like them but the soft parts kind of ****. I was running a Team Fi on 8k clamped never had an issue and now I am running two hdc4's on the same power and cant keep the surround from blowing out on them. I would go fi all day ghe sp4 sounds great and can get stupid loud.

[quote name='raptor727']The hdc4 DOES NOT have more excursion than the sp4. I run hdc4's currently and like them but the soft parts kind of ****. I was running a Team Fi on 8k clamped never had an issue and now I am running two hdc4's on the same power and cant keep the surround from blowing out on them. I would go fi all day ghe sp4 sounds great and can get stupid loud.[/QUOTE]

I kno lots of ppl who run that power on a pair or more without blowing surrounds out ....hell @mlstrass; runs 2 3500s on a single hdc4...so maybe u have a box issue

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.