Amp kit and capacitor

not a believer in caps either..... depends on amp kit, type of vehicle, location in vehicle, 2 amps or 1, how many channels 2 4 or 6 (you may need more rca's)

all this info would help.

amp in the trunk? should work but try to keep the run as straight as possible, from where the battery is run it down the same side all the way back, if you run from passenger to driver side in the engine bay you will lose about 4 feet of length and you might run short. if this is where you battery is located.

A cap isn't completely useless people just seem to use them in the wrong situation, if you have no voltage issues at all then a cap is for you, but if you have voltage jumping around while playing then like everyone is saying the cap will hinder the system.

i have a stock alt in my liberty and big 3 upgrade, all amp wire is 2 ga. amps are hifonics 100x4 4 ch. and 1200.1 mono and my voltage does not jump around more then .5 to 1v but my lights dim, so i put a cap thinking it might help and it did nothing for me so i am adding an extra battery, then if i need to i will upgrade the alt. this jeep will not have much more wattage then it has now so i am hoping it will be fine...... i am just giving my opinion based on my experience with caps in my situation, i do not totally discount them ( only the cheap crappy ones like i have ) .

basically the way i was taught is that the capacitor is supposed to release power or voltage extremely fast and recharge extremely fast to supply the amp, same thing on an a/c electric motor, they do not have brushes so they need a jolt of voltage to start the motion, so when the bass hits and it draws that current the cap is supposed to supply that quick draw or at least assist, but like i said i have only used a couple in the past and they have been cheap ones and have never seem to perform, the less pricey way to go is an extra battery, to get good capacitors will cost $300 or more where you can get a good agm type batt. for $130 to $300

there is a guy on here that i bought 5 batteries from ( group 31 agm awaiting there arrival ) you can contact him if interested to see if he has more available, they were very reasonably priced.

username : boomsday

save yourself the time and just get a 0 gauge if your truly running 1200rms do big 3 also with 0 gauge. its just better overall electrical is very important

The amp is 1200 watt rms but only 800 watt rms for both subs combined probably won't go over 1000 watts if I upgrade subs jus got 1200 watt amp for a lil head room. The amp doesn't accept 0 gauge

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.