Cherryman custom enclosures Dual Sundown SA8v2 crossport box.

Review of:

Cherry man customs enclosures. Cherryman Custom built sub boxes Jackson TN.

I contacted Robert told him i wanted a box that would fit neatly in the trunk of my car and maximize the potential for two soundown SA8 v2's he was excited to start the project and showed immediate interest in what i was trying to accomplish he told me he had a great idea for getting the long port that these subs require. Tuning a small enclosure low has its difficulties and Robert came up with a design that accomplished exactly what i set out to achieve.

He worked on a design sent me rough drafts we bounced ideas off each other until we landed on something we where both happy with. He built the box quickly after we settled on the design and was in touch through out the entire process. Texting me updates and pictures as he completed different areas.

When the box arrived, i was so impressed with the packaging i almost took a picture. The box arrived flawless and exactly what i had wanted.

Unfortunately sundown's specified outside dimension for the sa8 is wrong so i had to butcher the baffle a little to get the subs to drop in. I want to clarify that this was not Roberts fault. He was working off numbers i gave him which i got off sundowns website.

Once i got the subs in i mounted the amp, ran the wiring and eagerly powered it on...

Now for two 8s i had some pretty mild expectations especially for their ability to hit low... Wow... These subs in this enclosure could fool anyone into thinking there is way more cone area in my trunk.

1.28ft^3 per chamber gross

41" port = .42ft^3. 4x3

Fb=32. F3=28

.78 ft^3. Net volume after all displacements

Outside dimensions

43x11hx14.5 deep.

Conclusion

Robert is great to work with, great communication, very innovative ideas and is not afraid to try something different. Im very happy with the fit and finish of this box and im loving the sound more and more. Do not hesitate to contact cherryman for your custom enclosure needs hes very professional and takes pride in his work.

box2_zpsa13e2a8a.png

2210AE01-8619-4319-935C-96ADD41C2FAB_zpskfj6vd0b.jpg

box4_zps47b3bffd.png

FD84DC78-4D7A-4F27-94BE-A6630BBCB64B_zpsheonb57w.jpg

A5ECAD73-696A-4198-B525-C0232300762D_zps6tfyiszb.jpg

12978A93-62A4-43B8-9DB0-2073A97D9DDA_zpsgtgwe1sk.jpg

10F0CBA1-60A3-41E7-849A-779B8DCF0992_zpsbnzlncpc.jpg

52a999ff-4432-4d0b-bbe2-048d8a13402e_zps5ef36ce5.jpg

dang, that thing fits nice, i can not wait to get mine, he did the idmax 12 box for me, i had the same experience, wonderful to work with and does not mind spending the extra time to make it right.... and his pricing imo is very good, i would not bother tackling building my own box 2 or 3 or even 4 times for the price, i know i would end up spending more time and money doing it myself not counting the frustration. he did a very nice job on your box, i like the cross port design, very cool.

super thanks for posting bud. Looks nice did they deliver it right to your door or curbside freight?
Yeah man I had to after how happy I am with it. You know I had it delivered to my work so I'm not sure what your experience may be. I'm sure he would be more than happy to ship whatever method you prefer.

super thanks for posting bud. Looks nice did they deliver it right to your door or curbside freight?
Most enclosures are small enough to go out small package which is regular UPS shipping if your enclosure goes past their shipping limit it goes out as freight on a big truck but still comes to your door just like any regular shipment.

Thanks for taking the time to do a review Jered

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

JerDerv

JerDerv
Vancouver USA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views