What happened to this place?

shimmyz
10+ year member

PA
I logged on for the first time in around 5 years. This place is dead. It used to be so active. I logged on to check out the classifieds and its dead too. What happened? It's a ghost town now.

I just think car audio isn't as popular as it used to be...it's not like any of the other car audio forums are busy like ca.com was in it's day

America is getting lazy and car manufacturers are beefing up stock systems and making it harder and harder to put in aftermarket stereos. Therefore the American way is to be lazy and settle for what you get.

America is getting lazy and car manufacturers are beefing up stock systems and making it harder and harder to put in aftermarket stereos. Therefore the American way is to be lazy and settle for what you get.
thats what I did in my new Dodge Dart...not worth the worries till it goes out ...I think just about all new cars come equipped with touchscreen decks from the factory now...

thats what I did in my new Dodge Dart...not worth the worries till it goes out ...I think just about all new cars come equipped with touchscreen decks from the factory now...
Yea most do. I don't like the whole factory integration, like where anything electrical in the car is controlled by the stereo. It's stupid and hard as **** to bypass so you have to stick with the factory HU.

It's funny because when I originally became a member on here I was thinking car audio was dead. I'd have to say it is now dead for certain except just a few stragglers here and there. It's quite sad to me. I spend most of my teenage years and early 20's building systems and competing. My friend owned a shop and I was there all the time helping out. Oh well I can't live in the past. Although I do miss those days of the early 90's until about 2002.

Yeah its crazy how much this site, and others, have dropped off.

I remember fs ads were like minimum 4 pages cause you always had to bump your thread at least two to three times a day. Now you can goa week and your ad still on first page. Sub/amp section not quite as bad

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

Thunder dome used to fly through the threads too. Now it's pretty dead

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.