2 HDC315's off a 3500 safely?

Yes they will be happy getting 2000 watts each if your electrical is capable.
Just try and stay wired at 1 ohm as the 3500 can really throw power.
I have dual 1s wired series parallel to keep it at 1. Thanks for the reply. What electrical would you suggest? I'm gonna run an upgraded alt and either 1 3100 or 2 3400s

Anything over 250 amp on the alt and 1 3100 xs power is good enough.
Just dont go full tilt at idle unless you have a 320 amp 6 phase alt or better.
How about get a volt meter in the car and watch voltage at idle vs your phrase. With imp rise that will not be a ton of current draw so a good HO alt and 1-2 G31's should be fine.

I'd get a couple of Dekas or whatever East Penn batts you can get locally....

My daily set up is 2 hdc3 12s on 2 3500s strapped @2 ohms. They take it like a champ, but I'm also not tuned low and don't play anything lower than 30hz. Most power I've ever put to a hdc3 is 2 3500s @.5 ohms each. Didn't take a full burp without hearing mechanical noise. But moral of the story - they can take a butt load of power - box and electrical dependant.

I wouldn't go with anymore power. My buddy had four hdc3 15's on two skar 4500's and it was abusive but he had to be extremely careful. I am running a Cactus Sounds K9 @.5 to a hdc4 18 now and already tore one surround and one triple joint failure. Going from a f.I. team 18 using no subsonic full tilt to this hdc4 and using sub_sonic and turning down the gain makes me realize there is much better options out there. Now for the price they can't be beat imo. They get extremely loud

I wouldn't go with anymore power. My buddy had four hdc3 15's on two skar 4500's and it was abusive but he had to be extremely careful. I am running a Cactus Sounds K9 @.5 to a hdc4 18 now and already tore one surround and one triple joint failure. Going from a f.I. team 18 using no subsonic full tilt to this hdc4 and using sub_sonic and turning down the gain makes me realize there is much better options out there. Now for the price they can't be beat imo. They get extremely loud
Yea but hard to complain abt sending a sub 4x its power lol..but u agree 3500 is the perfect ballpark for a pair of hdc3s

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.