Help with amp settings

Bradshaw

Texas
Hey y'all, I recently got a 12" Alpine Type-R SWR-1223D and an Alpine MRP-M450 amp. My deck is a Kenwood KDC-MP735U. The manufacturr recommendations for the sub in a sealed enclosure is 14.4.5"x10.5" or 0.90 gross volume and 0.75 net. The box I put it in is 17"x17x11.5". The box also has a 1" slant on both sides so the bottom is 11.5" whereas the top is 9.5" for a gross volume of 1.7 and net volume of 1.25 if I'm not mistaken.

The trouble im having is where to set all my levels as I'm somewhat of a novice and honestly I'm afraid to mess with amp settings cause i love that alpine.

Can any of y'all recommend a good setup with the nobs.

Gain.. Where should I set this?

Bass EQ... 0dB, 6dB or +12dB?

Crossover frequency... Anywhere between 50 and 200Hz.

I have my Type-R set at 2ohms.

In case it matters, this is how i have my Kenwood set:

Bass: -8

Treb: +8

Mids: +6

Sub output: 0

Bal: 0

Fade: 0

Any help would be most appreciated.

Hey y'all, I recently got a 12" Alpine Type-R SWR-1223D and an Alpine MRP-M450 amp. My deck is a Kenwood KDC-MP735U. The manufacturr recommendations for the sub in a sealed enclosure is 14.4.5"x10.5" or 0.90 gross volume and 0.75 net. The box I put it in is 17"x17x11.5". The box also has a 1" slant on both sides so the bottom is 11.5" whereas the top is 9.5" for a gross volume of 1.7 and net volume of 1.25 if I'm not mistaken.
The trouble im having is where to set all my levels as I'm somewhat of a novice and honestly I'm afraid to mess with amp settings cause i love that alpine.

Can any of y'all recommend a good setup with the nobs.

Gain.. Where should I set this?

Bass EQ... 0dB, 6dB or +12dB?

Crossover frequency... Anywhere between 50 and 200Hz.

I have my Type-R set at 2ohms.

In case it matters, this is how i have my Kenwood set:

Bass: -8

Treb: +8

Mids: +6

Sub output: 0

Bal: 0

Fade: 0

Any help would be most appreciated.
Given the info here, that amp is not going to power the R well at all. You have to run it at 4 ohm (series) and at best you'll be giving it 225rms. The amp can't run at 1ohm, so you're stuck man.

Given the info here, that amp is not going to power the R well at all. You have to run it at 4 ohm (series) and at best you'll be giving it 225rms. The amp can't run at 1ohm, so you're stuck man.
I'm sure you meant 2ohms and not 4ohms. Amp cant do 1ohm, but i have the sub itself wired at 2ohms now. So I'm not stuck at 4ohms. ☺

And at 2ohms, it does more than 225rms.

Thanks anyway though I suppose.

this question has been asked over and over. did you guys use the search bar?
Yes I did. My real issue is between the gain and the frequency. No matter what I do I don't know how much gain to x frequency ya know?

I'm sure you meant 2ohms and not 4ohms. Amp cant do 1ohm, but i have the sub itself wired at 2ohms now. So I'm not stuck at 4ohms. ☺
And at 2ohms, it does more than 225rms.

Thanks anyway though I suppose.
You listed a d2 sub, so you can't get a 2 ohm load using both vc's man. Either 1 or 4 and the amp can't do 1 ohm, so yeah you're stuck at a 4 ohm load. Good luck with that.......

You listed a d2 sub, so you can't get a 2 ohm load using both vc's man. Either 1 or 4 and the amp can't do 1 ohm, so yeah you're stuck at a 4 ohm load. Good luck with that.......
My Type-R has 4 inputs in back. 2+ and 2- which in turn means it can be wired at 2ohm at the sub itself.

If I'm wrong, and I very well could be, I apologize. But I'm just pretty sure I have it wired at 2ohm on the sub itself because I followed the diagram in manual for the single sub single amp 2ohm.

My Type-R has 4 inputs in back. 2+ and 2- which in turn means it can be wired at 2ohm at the sub itself.
Wrong. Run a dmm on that and post results with pics. I would love to see them. You have no idea what you're doing, obviously.

Wrong that I have 2+ and 2- on the sub? Obviously if I was an expert, I wouldn't post here only to have you say my type r cant run at 2ohm even though I followed a diagram in the owners manual for 2ohm.

Wrong that I have 2+ and 2- on the sub? Obviously if I was an expert, I wouldn't post here only to have you say my type r cant run at 2ohm even though I followed a diagram in the owners manual for 2ohm.
I tried to help you with ACCURATE info, but you challenge what I'm saying, so post those results. If you have a d4, then you could end up with a 2 ohm load. I went by your op, so if you posted wrong, then you still have no idea what you're doing. Smh.

I tried to help you with ACCURATE info, but you challenge what I'm saying, so post those results. If you have a d4, then you could end up with a 2 ohm load. I went by your op, so if you posted wrong, then you still have no idea what you're doing. Smh.
No no my good man. I wasnt trying to challenge you. I was just confused because I followed a wiring diagram from the type r manual to make it 2ohm but then I was told it could go either 4ohm or 1ohm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.