Fuse issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

TDot
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Bronx
My amp stopped working the other day. After trouble shooting, the fuse turned out to be the problem...but the fuse isn't blown. The fuse is cutting the voltage by 2-4V. I shake the fuse and there is no rattling. I put it back in and after messing around with it a bit it's working again. It's an agu 80 amp fuse. I'm going to get another one, but I've never seen this before. Is this normal for these heavy agu fuses to go bad over time?

That is a common issue w/ AGU fuses. The blow at the solder joint at the end caps.

I would recommend changing to an ANL or mini-ANL style fuse, they are much more reliable than AGU.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.