My crimping ***** ??

Based

CarAudio.com Elite
Louisiana
I have this hydraulic crimping tool and still my crimps ****. They're ok if I just pull on the wire straight but in my install the wires turn at the ring terminal so it looks like they're gonna slip out.... any help?

I have this hydraulic crimping tool and still my crimps ****. They're ok if I just pull on the wire straight but in my install the wires turn at the ring terminal so it looks like they're gonna slip out.... any help?
Shrink tube is your friend. I've tested my crimps by clamping them in the vice and yanking on the wire.

I solder whenever I can.if wires stay on crimp when you pull on them they should be fine.however at least use heat shrink to cover exposed wire at the crimp like stated above.best heat shrink to use in my opinion would be double walled meaning it has an extra layer of adhesive that melts and bonds to the wire and terminal.cheap and effective

You must not be crimping tight enough if you can pull wire out of terminal after. I crimp tight enough to basically weld/fuse the terminal and the wire with a hydraulic crimper.

You must not be crimping tight enough if you can pull wire out of terminal after. I crimp tight enough to basically weld/fuse the terminal and the wire with a hydraulic crimper.
my hydraulic crimper crimps it by smashing the edges down, not making the whole terminal flat. Is that how it's supposed to be?

my hydraulic crimper crimps it by smashing the edges down, not making the whole terminal flat. Is that how it's supposed to be?

I just beat the hell out of it with a hammer. Never had one come out. My buddy showed me a new way. Take a fine pointed chisel and bang indentations into them. Then bang them with a hammer. I also wrap them with electrical tape. Not pretty, but they get the job done.

Mine smashes the edges down but also compresses the middle some. I then turn it 90 degrees and do it again. You have to tear wire or break the terminal to get it loose. Go a step below if you need too compress more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Based

CarAudio.com Elite
Based
Louisiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from