Did i break my amp?

Participant count
  • Participants list
Long story short, put my old stereo into my new truck. Sundown SAZ 2000d, Nightshade 18 v2, and a 4 channel bazooka amp,, Audio control 3.1.

The headunit is just temporary, but has issues. The remote wire doesn't work. so I ran a wire straight from the battery to a regular light switch to turn on all my stuff. Well I went to work the other night and got in about 11pm, and didn't get off until 3am. Totally forgot to turn off my amps. got back in the truck and realized it. they were very warm. Truck started right away, no issues.

Question, did I do any permanent damage?

thanks

kyle

Long story short, put my old stereo into my new truck. Sundown SAZ 2000d, Nightshade 18 v2, and a 4 channel bazooka amp,, Audio control 3.1. The headunit is just temporary, but has issues. The remote wire doesn't work. so I ran a wire straight from the battery to a regular light switch to turn on all my stuff. Well I went to work the other night and got in about 11pm, and didn't get off until 3am. Totally forgot to turn off my amps. got back in the truck and realized it. they were very warm. Truck started right away, no issues.

Question, did I do any permanent damage?

thanks

kyle
Nope does it still work? Hook up the remote to the radio fuse under the dash or hood, depending on the vehicle . That way you don't have to remind yourself to shut off your amps your vehicle will do it for you

Ive burned up a power supply by accidently doing this in a temporary rig, but it was because it was long enough to drain my batteries low. you should be good

Thanks so much for the quick response y'all. I **** a brick when I saw I left it on. And yes it still works perfectly to my ears. I'm. Really adament about not letting things get over heated and I def don't let my stuff clip. And this h/u is OK but I think the wiring harness I bought for it (pioneer factory one). Must have been ****** because the illumination doesn't work either for my audio contro three.1.

Any suggestion on the fuse to run the wire to? Should I just stick it to the head units red ignition wire?

Nope does it still work? Hook up the remote to the radio fuse under the dash or hood, depending on the vehicle . That way you don't have to remind yourself to shut off your amps your vehicle will do it for you
K just re read. I'll try that. I have a.d.d so I'm not trying to keep up with switching it all the time haha

K just re read. I'll try that. I have a.d.d so I'm not trying to keep up with switching it all the time haha
Your vehicle has a radio fuse locate it. Take one end of your remote wire and wrap it once or twice around one of the fuses teeth, take other end to amp/s .. Then make sure to test it with car on and off to see if it switches your amp off for u, hope that helps

thanks yea, im going to go do that today. I think I tried it but there was almost a clicking noise that came through my speakers when the lights cut on or something. I think that's why I just ran a dedicated wire.

Also, could this be the same issue with the illumination? I have an audiocontrol three.1 and I hooked it up to the orange illumination wire, and nothing. Are these wiring issues through the radio or my bose integration wiring harness? Could I just hook the illumination up to the red 12v too to make my eq light up?

thanks!

Your vehicle has a radio fuse locate it. Take one end of your remote wire and wrap it once or twice around one of the fuses teeth, take other end to amp/s .. Then make sure to test it with car on and off to see if it switches your amp off for u, hope that helps
Does this work for the illumination as well? my radio doesn't seem to want to light up my three.1 audiocontrol eq

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.