HELP! Brand new amp, brand new head unit, no sound from subs

White94Z

Hey guys I'm new here, but I've been screwing with this setup for a long time. The setup I have is 2 Pioneer 10's, a brand new Pioneer head unit with dedicated sub outputs, and a brand new 800 Watt Dual amp. Now, the power/ground/remote cables are brand new, the head unit is brand new, as well as the amp. I have had this identical setup in a couple other vehicles before this one and they have all worked fine. But I can get no sound to the subs. We have adjusted the sub settings on the head unit, the sub is set to be used, we have tested every possible thing with a voltage meter and everything has power. We have changed speaker wires, we pulled the subs out and made sure nothing was wrong and there and everything was perfect. I, and the others helping me, have no idea what to do.. Any suggestions/tips/help? All is appreciated, thank you!

Hey guys I'm new here, but I've been screwing with this setup for a long time. The setup I have is 2 Pioneer 10's, a brand new Pioneer head unit with dedicated sub outputs, and a brand new 800 Watt Dual amp. Now, the power/ground/remote cables are brand new, the head unit is brand new, as well as the amp. I have had this identical setup in a couple other vehicles before this one and they have all worked fine. But I can get no sound to the subs. We have adjusted the sub settings on the head unit, the sub is set to be used, we have tested every possible thing with a voltage meter and everything has power. We have changed speaker wires, we pulled the subs out and made sure nothing was wrong and there and everything was perfect. I, and the others helping me, have no idea what to do.. Any suggestions/tips/help? All is appreciated, thank you!
Those Dual amps are junk man. Take it back and get something better. Try the ipod test though.

check your subs with am ohm meter. see what each coil is reading.

push down on the subs see if it moves easy.

is the amp turning on ??

recheck all h/u settings.

pull the sub wires from the amp, turn your system on and use a volt meter on the sub amp speaker terminals and see what was its reading. and post your findings.

Tried changing subs and didn't change anything, also put the subs in another vehicle of ours that has subs and they work. We have tested everything there is to test with a multimeter and everything shows that it has power. Amp turns on, we've checked the settings on the head unit multiple times and even tried another head unit and that didn't change anything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.