what to look for in a active 4ch amp ?

ok thanks guys,

was thinking there was more to it.

whats the best way to go 3-way active ?

i dont have a 3-way h/u, do i need that in order to go 3-way ?

this is why i asked about active amps.

im trying to plan this out.

Easier to do it with head unit...(ex 80prs) or if you want to keep current head unit, (alpine 700/701) and have a four way if wanted/needed for future needs..

the new KX is fully active/bp capable. you don't need a head unit to run active. there are many different configurations to achieve this, just depends on some of the equipment and how you are planning to run your set up. example, I'm 3-way active with a media unit that only has 2 sets of pre-amps. I have one set going to a 4 channel amp that is going to run my tweeter on channels 1&2 than my mids on channels 3&4. than the other set is going to be for my sub amp.

the new KX is fully active/bp capable. you don't need a head unit to run active. there are many different configurations to achieve this, just depends on some of the equipment and how you are planning to run your set up. example, I'm 3-way active with a media unit that only has 2 sets of pre-amps. I have one set going to a 4 channel amp that is going to run my tweeter on channels 1&2 than my mids on channels 3&4. than the other set is going to be for my sub amp.

that kind of like my set up. except i have 3 rca outputs. 1 going to sub amp,, front going to 4ch ( same setup as your ) and rear going to a 2ch amp running a set of rf 6x9. for nor anyway. going to replace them with some pro 6.5 and super tweeters.

i ask about this is im going 3 way for front stage. and trying to figure this all out.

I run 2 of the Incriminator Audio 3.4s on a 3way active setup with rear fill.

to run 3 way active, youll need 3 2 channels, 2 4 channels or 1 6 channel.

Some Important things to look for is the db slope of the crossover, 12, 18 or 24db. Of course at least 2 of the channels need to have the ability to be bandpassed. I like to also find an amp that has flexibility of a frequency multiplier which really helps fine tune your crossover points.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.