Helpful Opinions Needed!

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 1999 Chevrolet Suburban. I have 2 15 inch Kicker CompVRs powered by a Kicker ZX 1500.1 amplifier. The system sounds amazing but I am having a problem with it cutting out at very high volumes. I have already fried the MOSFETs in the amp once. I know that my problem is that I'm not getting enough power to my amp. So my question is what is my best option/s to increase my electrical supply to my amp so I can see how hard my system can truly hit without my volts dropping and putting my amp in danger. I would also like someone's opinion on making the choice between a Super Bass Pro Box or a Custom built box that will be designed and constructed to the actual specifications recommended by Kicker.

get a custom build box made to suit your subs/amp/car.... it'll make a huge difference. and be sure to set your amp up correctly (search on how to set gain,bassboost ect) the kicer zx1500.1 should go into protect mode If It gets low voltage

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

do have you have any pics of your system atm?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.