Mechman or Singer?

NinjaBass

Low Bass Lover
North AL
So I plan on ordering my new alt this coming Monday. I originally wanted to go with Singer and still would like to. I have been talking to Michael at Singer and he has been very helpful with answering all my questions. So the thing is the biggest alt he makes that will fit my car (99 Accord v6) is a 220a. Went over to Mechmans website and I can get a 240a alt for $10 more bucks. 20 more amps for $10 more dollars is pretty tempting

This is the start of my new build so down the road I will be running (2) ppi bk1800, ppi bk800.4, and (2) hdc.3 15's with about 350ah of batts unless I need more so keep all this in consideration on helping be pick

So what do you guys think?

Find out if that's max amps from mechman. Some rates the alts at max not nominal
Alright will get an email sent to them

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Not that this helps but if you go to sonic you can get a 10% discount off mechman with a code that just came out
Thanks

I ordered my Singer through mylows a few weeks ago. I would personally go through Singer simply because of the honored lifetime warranty.
Yeah like I said I said in my post I want to go with singer just wanted to see what other people would if they could get 20a more for basically the same price

find out hot idle and max output/RPM for both alts.

Personally I'd go with DC Power as I've seen too many issues from the two companies you're looking at. Warranty means little to me when my alts have been going strong for 7 years on the daily and 4 years on the demo set up.

Personally I'd go with DC Power as I've seen too many issues from the two companies you're looking at. Warranty means little to me when my alts have been going strong for 7 years on the daily and 4 years on the demo set up.
I have emailed mechman asking for all the specs and Singer again. The 220a from singer does 140a at idle cold and 130a hot. I do not know the max yet.

I am also wondering for anyone that can answer my how many ah worth of batts can these alts run and how many do you think I will need for my upgrades I plan to do mentioned in the first post? I already have about 350ah in batts

Okay so mechman said on the 240a

120 amps @ 200 degrees @ 800 rpm engine speed

220 amps @ 200 degrees @ 2000 rpm engine speed

So if the singer is anywhere close to that which I think it will since I already know that hot idle on the singer 220a is 130 I will get the singer

So since I was wanting something bigger than a 220a alt Michael over at Singer took the time to and found anther casing with better power options that will hopefully fit. He said this will be the first casing he has sold of this model to try and go on the car I have. He has worked with me and answered all the questions I have had for the last couple of weeks through emails. So far I have had a great experience with Singer and he said if I cant get it to fit he will let me return it. I am hoping it is going to work out so as I speak I have a 280a alt getting ready to be built.

Has the CS improved since I last bought a DC? I waited over a month and a half for mine. And has the quality of the Mechman alts took a dump since I last bought from them? In in the market for a new alt. And a box.

Has the CS improved since I last bought a DC? I waited over a month and a half for mine. And has the quality of the Mechman alts took a dump since I last bought from them? In in the market for a new alt. And a box.
CS does seem better at DC, depending on alt/vehicle of course. GM and some Ford stuff they get out quick, imports not so fast.

Few of the guys in the group have had mechmans randomly start spiking voltage very high which also took out a few BIG amps....

CS does seem better at DC, depending on alt/vehicle of course. GM and some Ford stuff they get out quick, imports not so fast.
Few of the guys in the group have had mechmans randomly start spiking voltage very high which also took out a few BIG amps....
well that *****. Hope it doesn't happen to me. And when you have a chance, I need to stop up to the chop shop. i think i have the itch again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

NinjaBass

Low Bass Lover
NinjaBass
North AL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from