Components and Coaxials, 1 amp or 2??

Rizzie
10+ year member

What's going on? I have the kicker ks 6.5 components rated at 125 rms and for the rear I have the ks coaxials at 150 rms. I'm looking at 4 channel amps but not finding any that can power up to 150X4 @ 4 Ohms. So I was wondering if I should get 2 similar 2 channel amps and power them up or is there a 4 channel out there I'm missing that does this power? And also going to be running a sub later and kind of don't want 3 amps because I'm not trying to push over 2k watts on everything.

And also I know people like to cut out the rear and focus on the front stage only but I want rear fill.

And budget wise I'm not sure yet but looking at all possibilities.

Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

What's going on? I have the kicker ks 6.5 components rated at 125 rms and for the rear I have the ks coaxials at 150 rms. I'm looking at 4 channel amps but not finding any that can power up to 150X4 @ 4 Ohms. So I was wondering if I should get 2 similar 2 channel amps and power them up or is there a 4 channel out there I'm missing that does this power? And also going to be running a sub later and kind of don't want 3 amps because I'm not trying to push over 2k watts on everything.And also I know people like to cut out the rear and focus on the front stage only but I want rear fill.
The ks65's are rated at 100 watt rms and i'm assuming you mean the ksc69's which are 2-way 6 x 9 speakers and rated for 150 watt rms, that's pretty sloppy combination if you ask me and i think you should start over and get speakers that are more closely matched power wise, cap it at 100 watt rms for both speakers.

an amplifier pushing 75 x 4 and 350 x 1 for a subwoofer doesn't look so bad now, does it ?

edit: what's rear fill ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hey Op, considering you are building with 'Kicker' you got a lot to learn bro.

I will follow your build log but it's not the kind of things people follow here. You need need to lose the Kicker man, wtf?

Read a little more in the sections you are interested in before u post.

*Edit, there are so many speakers that will WELL outperform those Kickers so please do your research. Name brand bull chit at Wal Mart and Best Buy... Please forget they exist...... Lol.

Na they are the new 2014 line of kicker. I would of went with something else not name brand but I don't have an opportunity to hear them for myself. Kickers I've had experience with and I liked them to my ears so that's why I went with their better line than the ones they have in walmart.

Hey Op, considering you are building with 'Kicker' you got a lot to learn bro.
I will follow your build log but it's not the kind of things people follow here. You need need to lose the Kicker man, wtf?

Read a little more in the sections you are interested in before u post.

*Edit, there are so many speakers that will WELL outperform those Kickers so please do your research. Name brand bull chit at Wal Mart and Best Buy... Please forget they exist...... Lol.
The KS line is a good line depending on what you pay. Don't get so full of the typical forum BS that everything but underground stuff is garbage. Don't forget the fact pioneer is sold at wal mart

The ks65's are rated at 100 watt rms and i'm assuming you mean the ksc69's which are 2-way 6 x 9 speakers and rated for 150 watt rms, that's pretty sloppy combination if you ask me and i think you should start over and get speakers that are more closely matched power wise, cap it at 100 watt rms for both speakers.an amplifier pushing 75 x 4 and 350 x 1 for a subwoofer doesn't look so bad now, does it ?

edit: what's rear fill ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Please stop posting.

Yea I mean I'm good with what I bought. I know there are better speakers out there but I'm good with my purchase. I got them for a better price than listed so I'm good

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.