Does anyone have after market LED tail lights or after market head lights that they would recommend? I'm looking into buying some head lights and tail lights but I'm not sure on what to get or where to buy them.

99 chevy Tahoe

Thanks guys

vvZ2wQp_zpsj9pjdqzn.gif

Anyone anyone?

vvZ2wQp_zpsj9pjdqzn.gif

Kinda old thread but....I put some HID headlights on my Tahoe last summer.

One of those DIY kits. Well worth it. Got everything I needed and then some.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

Kinda old thread but....I put some HID headlights on my Tahoe last summer.

One of those DIY kits. Well worth it. Got everything I needed and then some.

So you bring up an old thread to say that you blind the fuck out of everyone on the road with your cheap plug and play HID kit in headlights made for halogen bulbs?

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

What's the issue ? Sounded lenses. Or just want brighter ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

pioneer avhx 4800 dvd, ampere tfhe 9.0 and 150.4 with arc audio xxd 4080

4 d3100 and 3 deka 8a31 and d975 ,270 dc power and 320 amp singer alt

B2 ref mids,Cdt es6 mids cdt es 010 tweets x2 ,es 03 Mids x 2 mx1000 , sky high ,eb flex, and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 crossfire xsv2 18s in a 4th order no wall box

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

http://www.dcsoundlab.com

My current head lights are stock and are dull and dim. I would like some new after markets that don't look cheesy.

I don't think hid lights with my stock lights would work well, they look dingy.

I had inquired about some tail lights but the seller said they didn't work with barn doors. So I wanted to see what brands you guys had.

Thanks

vvZ2wQp_zpsj9pjdqzn.gif

I just bought normal clear chrome housing headlights for my truck, and clear red tail lights. The LEDs have that fast flash like if you have a bulb out i didnt like that.

At first i just painted my stocks

IMG_6926_zpsr7iyatov.jpg

But then i gor a ticket because "they were too dark"

So then i bought these clear ones that resemble the 08-13 tail lights

IMG_0236_zpsfujhinot.jpg

These are the chrome housing clear headlights

IMG_0078_zpsieme5esb.jpg

@C1500martin what brand and where did u buy the headlights and turn signal?

vvZ2wQp_zpsj9pjdqzn.gif

lmc truck usually has a good price on GM stuff

i think my headlight housings were in there new for like 100 or 150

I AM The Future of personal transportation, NOW!!
Pretty sure everyone on this site hates you (@JohnKuthe) more then me and that's very hard to accomplish.

Lmc is stupid expensive, i got them off of ebay for like $60bucks the headlights and $65 the tail lights. Now keep in mind these are for a 1988-1998 you might need different ones. Since yours is a 99,

29EEE648-FCDC-41B9-A459-7C29A8E6B1A2.png_zpsiianogzv.jpeg

The turn signals are actually the factory ones just painted. I removed thebulbs aswell

Spyder makes nice LED tails for my Tahoe (04). Different body style but I'm sure they make something for yours as well.

Don't remember what brand we put on our 99.. But it had barn doors too.

Owner, SounDrive Audio

Visit our store at http://www.soundrive.audio

Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/soundriveAudio

PLEASE EMAIL ME FOR FASTER RESPONSES - damien@soundrive.audio

Dealer for: SounDrive Audio | Synergy Audio | Audio Legion | XS Power | Mechman | SPL-Lab | Taramps | Limitless Lithium | Wolfram Audio | Singer Alternators | Ampere Vibraflex

Lmc is stupid expensive, i got them off of ebay for like $60bucks the headlights and $65 the tail lights. Now keep in mind these are for a 1988-1998 you might need different ones. Since yours is a 99,

The turn signals are actually the factory ones just painted. I removed thebulbs aswell

I've thought about doing that, but I've heard you get cheap plastic that fades and gets foggy over time so I was hesitant. Sounds like you've had a good experience though

I AM The Future of personal transportation, NOW!!
Pretty sure everyone on this site hates you (@JohnKuthe) more then me and that's very hard to accomplish.

I've thought about doing that, but I've heard you get cheap plastic that fades and gets foggy over time so I was hesitant. Sounds like you've had a good experience though

it is cheap plastic and it does fade and turn yellow overtime, but the lmc ones are literally the EXACT SAME product, im sure they all come from the same warehouse in china, this is my 2nd set of them though the first set broke, the lens glue wasnt strong and the lens fell off while i wass driving. bbut this set seems to be good, no issues yet since last august.

Leds will hyperflash if they are ran without resistors or an electronic flasher.

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

So you bring up an old thread to say that you blind the fuck out of everyone on the road with your cheap plug and play HID kit in headlights made for halogen bulbs?

Woah, what's with the attitude??

Oh btw, it's not any diff than if someone with a loud Harley Davidson motorcycle vs. a very loud stereo.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Woah, what's with the attitude??

Oh btw, it's not any diff than if someone with a loud Harley Davidson motorcycle vs. a very loud stereo.

All the newer F350s 2013 and up have bright head lights. I get brights flashed at me often in my 2013 F350 at night, just got a 2014 F350 but haven't driven at night but I imagine its the same. Even some of the newer dodge trucks and chevy trucks blind me with low beam factory bulbs.

vvZ2wQp_zpsj9pjdqzn.gif

yup...i see a lot of vehicles newer than mine with pretty bright lights.

Even older vehicles as well.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Those vehicles will blind you exactly 75.3% less than a car with stock housings and drop in HID. More often than not I find myself blinded by those trucks because their lights sit at eye level in my car

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think you know what the meaning of the word "blind" is.

Perhaps very bright for a brief period of time is what your looking for.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in