I replaced my Kicker L7 Kicker 12'' for this...did I make the right choice?

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
chicago
I just bought this

JL Audio HO110 W6V3 Single 10W6V3 H O Wedge Ported 2

I bought it for much less though, I have it on a Alpine MRX-M100 amp. The speaker is wired to 2 ohms according to the shop I bought it at. I like it very much but worry I will blow it cause my amp is pretty powerful. I also wonder about this break in period, Im not used to it since I always rocked kickers L7 etc. without a concern about breaking it in. What do yall think? I replaced my L7 12'' kicker for this JL audio, would you have done the same?

Non of those listed will do what a W6 will do. Compare it where it belongs and it's cheap. Good choice if you are looking for sound quality. Bad choice if you are looking for output.

Non of those listed will do what a W6 will do. Compare it where it belongs and it's cheap. Good choice if you are looking for sound quality. Bad choice if you are looking for output.
isn't it a matter of install?

The xcon sounds really good in the right box

isn't it a matter of install?
The xcon sounds really good in the right box
A turd can only be polished so much. The W6 has been on of the top SQ subs for a very long time. If its used how its intended its hard to beat. $600 is not that much more than its worth considering its $400 plus on most iffy websites for just the sub. $500 on better sites.

What could I have gotten better for 600$?
actual monsters like this Sundown Audio Zv4-12 1750W Zv4 Series - SSA STORE

rather then JL which is just overpriced SQ oriented, low output subs.

however, if you get that sub, you'll need a monster amp and a custom enclosure. That thing can take a lot of power and blow apart any prebuilt sub box with ease. You'll also need sound deadening and flex control because of how violent the bass will be.

I paid 520 out the door and the box is made by JL with a pretty impressive internal design . It is extremely clean but I feel a lack in output. I plan on bringing it to the shop where I bought it and they are gonna tune my amps. I can still get a refund but not sure I want to. The L7 rocked the block but the sq on the JL is not comparable to L7, JL is so much cleaner. I don't know yet though, even though I paid 520 even part of me wonder is I over paid. I really can't find this box and woofer on line for 520 even so that makes me feel kinda better. Love everyone's input, the more the marrier.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.