Best SQ 6.5" Coaxial - Unlimited Budget

NoMurci

Looking for a set of 6.5" coaxials, primary use is SQ, a bit of bass would be nice but don't need anything extreme. Prefer to not deal with installing a crossover and there are no budget constraints. Car is a 2009 Lamborghini LP640, the car has an aftermarket exhaust that is music to my ears but do occasionally want to listen to music and the OEM speakers are garbage. From my research, it seems these are the most highly regarded:

Morel Tempo Ultra Integra 602

Hertz HCX165

Focal ISC 165

Rainbow SL 165NG

JL C2-650X

Any thoughts on the above or other suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Integra's honestly, but they do have an external crossover. In my honest opinion why not bring it to a shop that can work on your car? One that can optimize a system for your car and make it appear virtually factory. If the factory system is garbage, replacing the speakers only may not be the best route.

Rather than replacing speakers, add a Digital Sound Processor like an audison bit one and have a shop tune it for you. Your factory speakers will be a completely different animal once you've done that.

Integra's honestly, but they do have an external crossover. In my honest opinion why not bring it to a shop that can work on your car? One that can optimize a system for your car and make it appear virtually factory. If the factory system is garbage, replacing the speakers only may not be the best route.
The Tempo Ultra Integra 602 do not come with an external crossover - I checked the manual. Headunit is fine, just want to replace the speakers and don't trust a shop to take apart the door panels along with dash for a full install hence just wanting the speakers. Not looking for a crazy install anyways, just an improvement over the stock speakers, the V12 will fill in any gaps.

The Tempo Ultra Integra 602 do not come with an external crossover - I checked the manual. Headunit is fine, just want to replace the speakers and don't trust a shop to take apart the door panels along with dash for a full install hence just wanting the speakers. Not looking for a crazy install anyways, just an improvement over the stock speakers, the V12 will fill in any gaps.
With any aftermarket speakers you choose, you'll have to install them correctly with proper seals and baffles or else they'll sound worse then stock, especially if you do not amp them. Buying speakers throw them and assume they will sound better then stock... Car audio does not work that way. The best speakers in the world will sound like complete junk in an improper install. That bit one processor/amp will do make the biggest difference in sound quality especially if you want to keep things stock looking.

I agree that a BitOne will make a big difference in SQ, but so would upgrading the speakers... If the speakers really are at fault. I've upgraded the speakers only in a lot of cars with some serious improvements. Especially if the speakers sound "boxy" or hollow, and of course if they are blown.

Thank you for the insight guys, the OEM speakers are blown and I am not looking to add an amp or anything else - that isn't the goal. Just replace with better speakers.

Go with the focals they have a high sensitivity and designed to work with the low power from a hu. The other selections will need more power to enjoy.

Thank you for the insight guys, the OEM speakers are blown and I am not looking to add an amp or anything else - that isn't the goal. Just replace with better speakers.
That's the problem. Quality aftermarket speakers are going to be just as much garbage as the stock speakers without a proper amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.