Participant count
  • Participant list

Spooney
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Item(s) for Sale:

MTX Thunder 2300x

Item(s) Description/Condition:

6/10 cosmetically and 10/10 functionally. Nice old school power house here with a smallish footprint. I have seen birth sheets on these in the 800-850 watt range. Plenty of power for sub duty or a high powered front stage. All the mounting feet are intact which seems to be an increasing rarity with these amps. Power terminals were replaced recently and the power supply fets were upgraded to IRF3205's (110 amp rated fets versus the factory 75 amp rated fets). This doesn't mean the amp makes any more power but it does make the power supply way more reliable. All screws are there and all switches and pots work as they should. Internal cooling fan also on these.

Price:

150 Shipped in the lower 48

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Fedex or USPS. If you need something specific please let me know.

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Last edited by a moderator:
why didn't you offer me this for the alumapro? Damnit, been wanting one of these.
Didn't plan on getting rid of it originally. Not sure why I didn't think to offer it up at least though. I have owned 6 of these amps and I always regret selling them but I want to get a new set of 15's to run IB so this has got to go.

This would make for a new amp for my collection How well does it work and sound? It has a few chips was it ever dropped? I had one with a few MTX 12's and that thing ran great. I still have some extra feet for them. Working on some other stuff now and waiting to buy some other amps for a few other projects. I'll get back o you on this for sure. BTW what year is it and what did it get on it's B/C? Thanks Rob...

This would make for a new amp for my collection How well does it work and sound? It has a few chips was it ever dropped? I had one with a few MTX 12's and that thing ran great. I still have some extra feet for them. Working on some other stuff now and waiting to buy some other amps for a few other projects. I'll get back o you on this for sure. BTW what year is it and what did it get on it's B/C? Thanks Rob...
I am not the original owner so I never had a birth sheet for this particular amp. Can't say that I ever saw one under 800 watts with the four brand new ones I had back in the day. This amp has not been dropped since I have owned it and I don't believe it ever has. The chips are purely cosmetic. No major gouges like you might expect if it had been dropped. It works and sounds great. Every bit as good as I remember them sounding back in the day. Has not given me one issue in the time I have owned it . Not sure on the year of it . I want to say its a 97 or 98.

It would be hard to be happier with the new IDMax 15's I'm running IB. They continue to impress each day. I'm a picky OCD sob about low end. Not very hard to get loud these days but really hard to get right in my opinion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.