2 alts or 2 batterys?

Participant count
  • Participant list

sean8811

Hey,

So I have a 2011 ford fusion se with a 150 amp alt. Only one battery right now.

I'm running four amps. A 300 watt rms 4 channel, 600 watt rms 4 channel. A 500 watt rms mono and a 800 watt rms mono.

I of course need ether 2 alternators or 2 batteries. Though I'm not sure what I need.

What do you have 2 different mono block amps for? What makes you think you need 2 alts?

The "watts" isn't what you need to look at. The current capacity that they're able to pull is the important number.

Two alternators will far outperform two batteries, but you may want to just consider upgrading your alternator and adding a larger battery reserve, if necessary.

Well, right now I have an Alpine mrp f300, Alpine mrp m500, infinity kappa 1, infinity kappa 4. I hope to loose the alpine and replace them with another infinity kappa 1 and kappa 4.

The current draw is well above 200 ampers.

I don't know where to go to have a custom wound alternator. Nor do I think you'd be able to fit 2 in my engine compartment.

If I got 1 or 2 extra batteries. I'm not sure of what kind or ampers.

2 infinity kappa 120.9w. 1 infinity reference 8 inch. Infinity kappa 6x9. Infinity kappa 6x8. Infinity kappa 6.5. Infinity kappa 60.9 comps. With 12 gauge high definition wire at 25 feet each. With 0 gauge nvx wire.

run a full ground, upgrade the wiring to the alternator, and then 1 aftermarket battery on the stock alternator should be fine. i used to run 2000 rms in explorers with only a group 74 yellowtop and stock alternator. if you wanna do more, do a second battery before a second alternator. and a second alternator is kinda of silly. you would first run an upgraded alternator (which is a complete overkill for your setup)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.