I want to leave my home town of SOCAL

roko
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
YUMA, AZ
So im thinking about moving out of state jus to start over/new with my daughter and girlfriend but the thing is finding a job finding work how do i take first step?

I do have a criminal background due to being a product of my environment but i am learning for the mistakes actually made me the man i am today but man would they like my type? Im just trying to vent guys so go easy on me....

JUST TRYING TO DO WHATS BEST FOR MY DAUGHTER AND GIRLFRIEND I DONT WANT MY DAUGHTER TO GROW UP OUT HERE IN CALI JUS BECAUSE THERES SO MUCH MORE OUT THERE PEOPLE HERE ARE RUDE AND F'D UP...

BTW I GREW UP IN COMPTON LONG BEACH AREA SO YEA GOTTA SAY BY BUT WHERE DO I START??????????

Dont be rude plz....

Craigslist and other Internet job hunting websites. Craigslist for apartment or house. Have good references to help overcome the criminal background. If ya haven't gone to college (Idk your life story lol) maybe go back to school and live off government school loans and build up your resume.

Look into areas with big oil or natural gas industry. Plenty of jobs that pay well (even really menial stuff).

If you know a trade, aren't afraid of work, and can show up on time every day, there's work anywhere.

GTFO of the ghetto and don't look back.

Craigslist and other Internet job hunting websites. Craigslist for apartment or house. Have good references to help overcome the criminal background. If ya haven't gone to college (Idk your life story lol) maybe go back to school and live off government school loans and build up your resume.
I was checking it out bro but im scared to make that first step jus cuz socal is all i know

I didn't complete hs but i hae diploma

Also i dont want to use government money i think i can go without that help u know... i think

Look into areas with big oil or natural gas industry. Plenty of jobs that pay well (even really menial stuff).
If you know a trade, aren't afraid of work, and can show up on time every day, there's work anywhere.

GTFO of the ghetto and don't look back.
Again i did look at a few oil jobs like in wash. State utah & iowa

Im a bad azz worker always have been but iv always been....

My work background is

Clerical ( and i have tattoos lol) iv done basic guy stuff construction warehouse im skilled driving a sit down clamp & fork lift

I know how to mount tires

I am currently the warehouse coordinator at mt job im in charger of all shipping & receiving also do installs lol thanks to my hobbie but one thing is i havent been jobless since i was 18 im 25 iv always found work and been with companys years no getting fired anything iv been at current job 2yrs....

I WANT TO LEAVE THE GHETTO ITS NOT A PLACE I WANT MY DAUGHTER TO SEE..... I LIVED IT BEEN THERE DONE THAT SO SHE WONT HAVE TOO

Heard oregons a nice place 2 live.

I live in Oakland done some **** im not proud of the day I have a kid on the way is the day I leave the ghetto.

U make it out alive thats a real accomplishment your past forms your daughters better future

Came from the same area as you but being born in houston it was easier to come back.

Houston tx is full of good paying jobs just gotta look.

I didnt want my son there either due to im straight blue tryna make a life.. Sur 13 is every where but worse in cali and im always mistaken for it even tho im from 33rd street compton and rep my street..

Again i did look at a few oil jobs like in wash. State utah & iowaIm a bad azz worker always have been but iv always been....

My work background is

Clerical ( and i have tattoos lol) iv done basic guy stuff construction warehouse im skilled driving a sit down clamp & fork lift

I know how to mount tires

I am currently the warehouse coordinator at mt job im in charger of all shipping & receiving also do installs lol thanks to my hobbie but one thing is i havent been jobless since i was 18 im 25 iv always found work and been with companys years no getting fired anything iv been at current job 2yrs....

I WANT TO LEAVE THE GHETTO ITS NOT A PLACE I WANT MY DAUGHTER TO SEE..... I LIVED IT BEEN THERE DONE THAT SO SHE WONT HAVE TOO
IDK what to tell you, throw a dart at a map and go. Scrape together enough dough to drive out and put in 8-10 hour days knocking on doors and blowing up phones and you can find a job in 7-10 days.

I'm in a really small town in a historically impoverished area and the guys I know who are hard workers are always busy and always looking for reliable helpers. Been the same anywhere I've gone either.

If you really don't mind busting your arse working try to find an in into commercial fishing. If you can pick up the job and work really long hard hours there's loads of money in that and there's always work. It's not for everyone, but it's a job with huge turnover with help so pretty much all you have to do is show up at a big marina about an hour before sunrise and start meeting people. Eventually somebody won't show up one day and someone will give you a chance. Prove your worth and you can work anywhere in the country that has a coastline.

Look around you, those areas are full of people that talk a big game about getting out but never will do anything more than talk about it. They'll die (often at the hands of their peers) within a few blocks of where they spent their whole lives, or in a prison. Find the motivation to take the risk, jump, and hit the ground running. Not like LA won't still be there if you change your mind later and want to go back.

Came from the same area as you but being born in houston it was easier to come back.
Houston tx is full of good paying jobs just gotta look.

I didnt want my son there either due to im straight blue tryna make a life.. Sur 13 is every where but worse in cali and im always mistaken for it even tho im from 33rd street compton and rep my street..
I feel u gee.... i was busted with alot of compton foos

Segundo

Tres

Tflats

Largo

List goes on

Where i grew up we went at it with cpt and lbc but its not me no more im sober now dont drink i dont do drugs i do car audio haha been a addiction but it keeps me out of trouble!!!!

IDK what to tell you, throw a dart at a map and go. Scrape together enough dough to drive out and put in 8-10 hour days knocking on doors and blowing up phones and you can find a job in 7-10 days.
I'm in a really small town in a historically impoverished area and the guys I know who are hard workers are always busy and always looking for reliable helpers. Been the same anywhere I've gone either.

If you really don't mind busting your arse working try to find an in into commercial fishing. If you can pick up the job and work really long hard hours there's loads of money in that and there's always work. It's not for everyone, but it's a job with huge turnover with help so pretty much all you have to do is show up at a big marina about an hour before sunrise and start meeting people. Eventually somebody won't show up one day and someone will give you a chance. Prove your worth and you can work anywhere in the country that has a coastline.

Look around you, those areas are full of people that talk a big game about getting out but never will do anything more than talk about it. They'll die (often at the hands of their peers) within a few blocks of where they spent their whole lives, or in a prison. Find the motivation to take the risk, jump, and hit the ground running. Not like LA won't still be there if you change your mind later and want to go back.
I heard those jobs pay good also heard guy sometimes never come back... or disappear

Pretty scary but ifbi made it thru a rough life i think i can accomplish anything

I heard those jobs pay good also heard guy sometimes never come back... or disappear Pretty scary but ifbi made it thru a rough life i think i can accomplish anything
In the hood, guys don't come back or disappear going to the corner store to buy a pack of smokes, or even going to a nightclub.

I know it's not for everyone, but just throwing it out there as an option that someone with nothing but the willingness to work hard can go out and do and live the American dream.

In the hood, guys don't come back or disappear going to the corner store to buy a pack of smokes, or even going to a nightclub.
I know it's not for everyone, but just throwing it out there as an option that someone with nothing but the willingness to work hard can go out and do and live the American dream.
Yea that is true iv lost alot of friends to the cold streets over non sence... victims of the ghetto... as a matter of a fact this march i had a buddy murdered for nothing. ....

The biggest part is to take that step to leave!!!

Cali is so expensive its not even funny...

But i am looking for other jobs mean while in other states

Couldn't have said it better..

If you are scare of moving out of state. Try moving out of LA county bro, if you are ready to move on from that life IE has alot of option. Not only is rent going to be cheaper but your kids can have a yard big enough to play. IE could be as bad as LA, OC, SD its the way you carry yourself. Act like a cholo and doesn't matter where you move you will always have problems. I bought a house out in the IE, off la sierra. lived there for a few years, streets and neighbors were quite.

sometimes the grass is not greener on the other side

a costly , unsure geographic relocation may / may not yield positive changes

I would seek better employment where you are , get to a better hood and better school

I lived in utah for a good bit. I recommend that place to a lot of people. If youre going to get away from the rough crowd; stay south of salt lake city. The place is growing though and has tons of opportunity. Just don't join the church

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.