Best Box for SPL Integra

Participant count
  • Participant list

ObTechAudio

Senior VIP Member
Provo, UT
Alright, there has been a lot of discussion and I want your opinion!

For an Integra, which is the best box for an all out SPL build? (and gets low)

• Wall behind the driver/passenger seats
  • Sub up, port back
  • Sub up, port front
  • Sub back, port back
  • Sub front, port front

Depending on if you plan on competing would make a difference in what choice to make. Also, what kind of subs and amps. A better description on what your a planning would help. I once saw a guy hit 160's with a crx and I think it was 2 10 or 12's I dont remember exactly which. That was just a potred box everything firing forward no wall and below the window. But that car was totally sealed up. all holes filled, tail lights removed sealed and replaced. sun roof completely glued in everything was real tight.

are you trying to make numbers or get low

integra hatch or trunk
Sorry, let me give you all some more info... 1997 Integra GS-R Hatchback... Running (1) SoundQubed HDC3 18" D1 on a SoundQubed Q1-2200 @ .5 ohms... Plenty of power with multiple XS batteries, big 3, H/O alternator, and the car has been ripped apart and the majority of holes have been foamed, deadened, and resealed with additional stuff. My current setup is a wall right behind the seats tuned to 31hz. This setup is "alright." I'm impressed with the lows, but simply won't put up the numbers I'd want it to.

I say SPL and low, because multiple guys I know are hitting 145-148 at 28hz. To me, that's low. One guy is even hitting 152 at 20hz!!! My goal is to be in the low to mid 140's at 30-32hz. Is that realistic with my equipment? I think so, but I could be wrong.

If you guys think that's just stupid and that I can potentially hit a higher db at a higher frequency with my setup, I'm all ears.

Sub (s) up port back. Typical crx box works great. We used to compete with one back in the day. 4-12" L7s, 25" x 25" x 12-14" h I belive with 4-4" pnr ports. 157db on about 1200 watts Outlaw in the kick. I almost picked up another one last year for my son but he wanted a truck instead.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.