darvex vs sonic electronix vs onlinecarstereo

tprj82
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Texas
Review of:

In the past ive only ever used darvex for my install needs, pricing was great good variety fast shipping. Well this time i price shopped and onlinecar was the cheapest so i gave them a shot, week and half later i realized my order wasnt here yet. Went online and saw order on hold due availability issues call customer service, everything i ordered said instock at the time. Called them spoke with a lady for one second confirmed my name and order and was dissconnected i realize its not their fault but expected a call back since she had me pulled up on screen. Nope, so i shoot them an email 24 hours goes by nothing. So call back and cancelled so not happy with them.

Now i decide to order from sonic make sure everything i order is instock spend my 240 dollars and wait a week, go online to view my account ordering processing, after 2 days that means issues please call, get through spoke with someone who said they would call me back this is wensday. 10am friday i recheck my status same thing so i call and get the same let me call you back after informing him thats what he told me 2 days ago i just want cancel my order. After about 10 mins he does, thats even after we got dissconnected he called me to inform me. Which i appriciated. This is friday noonish.

So now im frustrated i go to darvex and spend 280 and within 40 minutes had my tracking number and my package was delivered by 10am today. I should have never looked elsewhere and never will again darvex is the best and imho the only place for my online intall needs!

Post name, details and review of the equipment you're reviewing. This forum is for reviews only! No questions should be posted!

My tablet ***** for spell and gramma check sorry if its tough to read my rant lol

onlinecarstereo is terrible and will surely shut down before long considering in my experience they cancel the majority of their orders as they don't even have what they are selling. Darvex and Sonic have always been rock solid

Sonic has always been good to me. Sorry to hear about that **** though bro.

EDIT: I even had a representative call me once because I had left a couple items in my cart. They were just wanting to make sure I didn't have problems checking out then we bullshitted for a few minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always heard good things about sonic, I'm sure I'm the exception but for it to happen right after it did with online I was like frustrated lol. Thats also why i didn't want to go into their section here and write my issues since fewer and fewer companies sponsor anything now a days I dont want to **** off the supporters lol

I've also done well with Darvex (IIRC he used to be "bag boy" or somesuch on eBay as well). Also done OK ordering from Sonic. Never tried that other one, but thanks for the head's up.

Never even heard of darvex but sonic has always been good to me. OCS has always seemed shady to me although I have never ordered from them. Their webpage just looks low budget and cheap. Can't imagine the service is much better.

OCS is one of those that never updates their online inventory, i live 10 min away from them so i just call in and go pick up whenever i need something. I've gone 3 times and all 3 the manager or owner who has his own little office room was screaming at the top of his lungs furious into the phone. it was quite funny but i always deal with joseph i think his name was idk ill check my receipt but he's a really cool guy hooked it up really good on my hifonics brutus elites. id definitely call before purchasing though and ask them to verify that the item is in stock because they will say yes because the computer says so but when they go get it from the back... uh-oh its all of a sudden gone!

I've never heard of Darvex until now. I used onlinecarstereo.com once and was not happy. I usually buy from sonic for mainstream products and XS batteries. Only bad experience was when they sent me a fried amp. I got the money back from that though

i buy direct on stinger/sound quest / pac

but if i need things they do not have or make i usually shop price on what i want per item

usually ebay is the cheapest after selecting New/Returns accepted/free shipping / buy it now / them look at there feedback

sonic / darvex / OCS / Ike sound/ hi fi sound / beach audio / woofers etc all been good for me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

tprj82

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
tprj82
Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies