Which setup would be louder?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bluemarvin3030

Senior VIP Member
This should be a simple question. I currently have two sub amps, an Alpine mrv-m500 and rf t500-1 bdcp. Alpine does 561 @ 2 ohms and the rf does around 650 @ 2 ohms or around 800 @ 1 ohm.

I have a Kenwood 12 that I love, it absolutely kills the lows, SVC 4 ohms 400w RMS. And I have an AB TNT 1244 but I'm buying another friday, giving me 2.

My question is; the two tnt's on each amp @ 2ohms, or the two tnt's on the rf @ 1ohm and the Kenwood alone on the alpine getting 300w RMS @ 4ohms?

Either way it's around 1200w with 2 or 1100w with 3 12's. Each 12 has its on sealed enclosure.

I think I answered my own question while typing this. Roughly the same wattage and 3 12's gives me more surface area. More surface area = louder.

What would you do?

Personally I'd run just the AB's off of the RF amp, but that's just me. I wouldn't even toss that Kenwood into the mix. Another option is to sell the Alpine, Kenwood, and RF amp, buy a nice 1.2k or so and get a nice custom box made for the two AB's. You'd be pretty well off with the TNT's in a custom box on something like a DC 1.2k or a CT 1400, and would most likely sound much better than the three subs in separate sealed boxes off two amps. If you absolutely have to stick with what you've got, the two AB's on the RF amp and disregard the Alpine and Kenwood gear. That's my $0.02

Yeah I've looked at several of the 1200-1600 watt options out there's including ct and dc. Got lucky and got the rf diet cheap. Can't justify spending hundreds on another amp any time soon. My wife would probably set my car on fire, lol.

Not parting with any equipment either, I have a Chevy pickup with no "bump" just waiting on hand me downs.

Thanks for the input. Oh, I will be building a ported box for the two AB's someone later this year. Once I do get the chance to upgrade to a better mono amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.