HAT Mirus 6.5" Break-in??

The speaker maybe stiff which is why people say you need to break it in, but it will not blow from normal use.

You can put rated power towards it all you want and it will not blow. The break in is a myth.

Play it normal, the only downfall youll notice is it not playing as low or hard until it un stiffens.

I know I'm not going to blow them, I'm only running 50 watts from an Eclipse EA2212 I've had since the 90's.

The unstiffening is what I was calling breaking in, the lower end will increase after some use.

You need to feed it exactly 7 watts for 9 hours a day, 3 hours at a time with breaks, for 27 days.
The correct response would be: you don't need to do anything special just play them.

Instead you decided to be an ***

The irony of two obvious spl freaks talking smack about "break in" . It's so thick in here you couldn't cut this crap with a chainsaw
So explain what magical break in ritual OP needs to use and what benefit he should expect.

So explain what magical break in ritual OP needs to use and what benefit he should expect.
the suspension of a brand new mid range driver will loosen, and change parameters of the driver. No magical ritual needed. just play them. The irony of your posts comes from how many "spl" people swear by "breaking in" subwoofers

the suspension of a brand new mid range driver will loosen, and change parameters of the driver. No magical ritual needed. just play them. The irony of your posts comes from how many "spl" people swear by "breaking in" subwoofers
I'm an "spl" guy and I do not swear by the break in myth I go hard straight after mounting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Turfpirate

Turfpirate
Port Charlotte, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
jaeguerra909