power supply help

Participant count
  • Participants list
I have a 30 amp power supply right now connected to a lead acid battery and if I put an amp that big on it it will shut down my power supply. May be because a crappy battery but I have had it on several different batteries and did the same thing. If you are trying to use that amp to full capacity I would suggest a bigger power supply.

i will never understand the want to run car amps in a house.

once you spend money on a power supply to really run one plus the cost of the amp itself you could have just bought a nice home amp and plugged it in. makes so much more sense to go that way.

I have a 30 amp power supply right now connected to a lead acid battery and if I put an amp that big on it it will shut down my power supply. May be because a crappy battery but I have had it on several different batteries and did the same thing. If you are trying to use that amp to full capacity I would suggest a bigger power supply.
I have tried it and it worked Perfectly fine. I actually connected one more amplifier to the power supply and it power 2 of them perfectly without problems. thanks for your help though.

yeah! i'm doing the same thing but you got way more power i got a meanwell pwr supply 12v 39amps hooked up to a r250X4 rockford forsgate 50 amp fuse bang for hours when kept cool of course you on the other end way more power you need to get as close to to 90 amps as possible u prolly could do it at low volume

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.