can a 12" sub be used for mid-bass ?

Participant count
  • Participant list
It's not designed for that usage. You can try it but it's like trying to use PA woofers in car audio tuned low.. they will do it but they aren't built for that purpose so output quality isn't where it could be with the proper speaker.

Hell..Try it out??Run that joker fro 55htz -80htz,in a sealed chamber..What may sound like AZZ to everyone may sound excellent to you??I deff don't see you blowing that sub anywhere near that htz range

the kicker i have is in a ported box ( i was using this as my bass sub before the sq sub ) the model # dcvr12.

i was running it with a r.f amp at 500rms ( sub is rated at 400rms ) and i had pulled that amp and sub.

but was thinking what if......... about the kicker being used for a mid-bass speaker. that r.f amp is a 2ch and has a lp/hp/all cross-over and i can adjust the freq.

I ran a pair of 10's as mid ranges when I had the 15 in my car. I put the 10's in a really small sealed box and the 15 in a ported box. I can't tell you what frequency to cross it over at. Get a 7 band equalizer for your midbass amp and see what works. I picked a simple SSL EQ up for like 20 bucks. Personally though, I would ditch the kickers. Just saying

ya i could ditch it but why..... its new,, it works, it does ok as a sub. im thinking i have it, why not use it..

now i ditched it for a better sub and glad i did but im only looking for better mid-bass then what my r.f 6x9 are doing.

if it will not work then fine, ill see what i can use.

thanks guys, really.

If money is the reason you're not upgrading to midbass woofers, then just buy a cheap EQ and use the kicker. Just make sure its in a sealed box. It worked for me, what's the worst that could happen?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.