Another amp recommendation thread?

CHRIST0PHER

Hello!

I'm brand new here, but have been looking through the threads for the last week tryin to see what new stuff/brands are out now days. I've been out of the stereo game since 2004 so its like I'm brand new again.. lol

Anyways..

I have a old brand new JL 13W7 probably 10 years old but never taken out of the box. That I want to throw in my car, but I need to buy a amp and have no clue what to get.

What do you guys think? I was looking at a CT Sounds 1400.1 will that work with the 13w7? Dont I have to match the ohm of the sub to the amp?

Thanks..

isnt the W7 a 1.5ohm coil? I would get an amp that does the rms for the sub @2 ohms if so. That way after you get some boxrise youll be sitting right around rms or more @2 ohms with a good amp.

As far as brands the list is too long of what to get. The list is much shorter on what not to get. If walmart carries it buy a different one.

Like said the list is long. Might be easier if a budget was set and said ,then we can suggest. I mean really if you want a list then saz 2000 vfl 120.1 is 20.1 td 1750 dc 2.0 mmats 2000 gzpa 2000

Thanks guys, yes the sub is 1.5 ohms. So if it has two 1.5 ohm coils doesn't that mean I need a amp that can play at 3 ohm? Or is it 1.5? Thanks for being patient with me LOL. I used to know how this stuff worked guess I lost it all haha..

My budget isnt that high I would like to stick around $4-$500. If I can get a quality amp that will push this sub for cheaper than that would be great too..

So what u guys think about that CT Sounds amp? Will that not work with the W7?

IF they are dual 1.5s, you would wire to a final load of 1.5.

Taramp's HD-1600 would be perfect.

Will do over 1,000w @4ohms wired to 1.5ohms.

PM me if interested.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.