help finding the right amp

dubnobass78

I need help finding a reasonably priced sub amp. I'd like it to do 2 and 1 ohm as I have 2 different sub's and am unsure what one I'll use.

The sub's are:

Sundown sa-15 d2

Stereo integrity ht 15 d4

Both are 600rms but the sa-15 was my brothers and he was driving it with a 1500w amp.

I was looking at a rockford fosgate r750-1d bit its a little over my budget(baby on the way) any help figuring this out would be great

How would that amp compare to a Rockford fosgate prime series? I used to use fosgate a long time ago back when they had the black and red amps in the mid to late 90s and they are rock solid.

What's your budget and are you interested in used amps? What kind of power do you want?

There are a ton of amps on the market that are better than the Fosgate stuff for the same or less money and if you look in the classifieds here, there are almost always a few good amps for sale on the cheap.

The Soundqubed amp listed is good quality as are the CT Sounds AT500.1, Audio Technix AT400.1, Crossfire C3 501, dB Drive A7-750.1 and a host of others.

What's your budget and are you interested in used amps? What kind of power do you want?
My budget is 2-250. I'd like an amp that can do 500-600@2ohm and is 1ohm stable for future upgrading. I am not at all opposed to a used amp, I just don't know what to look for. I've been out of the car audio loop for about 15 years. All the brands I formerly used are either gone or junk now.

My budget is 2-250. I'd like an amp that can do 500-600@2ohm and is 1ohm stable for future upgrading. I am not at all opposed to a used amp, I just don't know what to look for. I've been out of the car audio loop for about 15 years. All the brands I formerly used are either gone or junk now.
get a precision power black ice 1800. They are good amps that will put out power and is 1 ohm stable for future proofing.

You'll have a tough time finding a good quality new amp that will do that kind of power at 2Ω. If that's your budget, then used would be the way to go. Also, the Audio Technix amp I and tc300 mentioned would be a steal. That same amp is now the CT Sounds AT500.1 and it sells for more than double what the AT version is selling for on ebay right now.

I would buy two of those and use one until you need the extra power... at which point you can strap the two and double your power. If you choose that option though, don't just buy one and plan on buying the other later though because that amp has been discontinued and there really aren't that many of them left. Also, warranty service isn't a problem, as the CT Sounds version is the same amp. The warranty is one year no questions asked, btw.

You'll have a tough time finding a good quality new amp that will do that kind of power at 2Ω. If that's your budget, then used would be the way to go. Also, the Audio Technix amp I and tc300 mentioned would be a steal. That same amp is now the CT Sounds AT500.1 and it sells for more than double what the AT version is selling for on ebay right now.
I would buy two of those and use one until you need the extra power... at which point you can strap the two and double your power. If you choose that option though, don't just buy one and plan on buying the other later though because that amp has been discontinued and there really aren't that many of them left. Also, warranty service isn't a problem, as the CT Sounds version is the same amp. The warranty is one year no questions asked, btw.
So you think that one 400.1@ 2ohms will be enough power for a 600w RMS sub? If so I'll grab 2 for the ability to upgrade later. I am just worried I'll be under powering it. Thanks for the help so far guys.

So you think that one 400.1@ 2ohms will be enough power for a 600w RMS sub? If so I'll grab 2 for the ability to upgrade later. I am just worried I'll be under powering it. Thanks for the help so far guys.
One wouldn't get you all you can get from the sub at 2Ω but it would certainly be safe. If you plan to get two to start with, I would go ahead and strap them right away and just be very conservative with the gain.

Before I buy anything when I get paid I figured I'd ask about an amp a guy I know has. Its a used kicker 500.1, he claims it puts out 573watts @2ohm from the birth sheet. He wants 75 for it. Is this amp worth it or am I just being cheap and should just jump on those at amps?

Before I buy anything when I get paid I figured I'd ask about an amp a guy I know has. Its a used kicker 500.1, he claims it puts out 573watts @2ohm from the birth sheet. He wants 75 for it. Is this amp worth it or am I just being cheap and should just jump on those at amps?
75 bucks, thats a good price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.