how to fight box rise????

sharkman

poor bass head
So i have an re sx 18 d2. The i built is 9.2 cu. Feet. So when i get my amp i heard there is a thing called box rise which changes the ohms when the music starts playing. So is the more so an amp problem or box design. I justt want to get all the power i paid for

I don't think impedance rise reduces output.

I believe when a certain frequency is being played where there is very high impedance rise, the amp and sub are at there highest efficiency.

Would a better amp fight box rise better due to the better resistance handling? I dont have. Any problems with this now cuz i dont have a amp yet

Man its hard to get a useful answer on forums.
that's because you're worried about something that makes no audible difference plus most of the people on the forums don't have a real understanding of what you're calling box rise. all speakers have impedance rise of some sort that's why it's called "nominal" impedance not "constant" impedance.

Nothing you can do about it it physics. Just pretend you never heard of it and don't let it bother you .. I look at rise as a built in safety net when runnin low impeadence .

Man its hard to get a useful answer on forums.
sorry to admit it but that is what most members on this site do...they poke fun and make people feel dumb and still do not answer the questions. there is nothing to really do to fight it. its always there. the best i can suggest is to not worry about it. if you go to shops and ask them they will normally give you a confused look and shrug their shoulders because for the most part it does not matter...sorry for being honest...Good luck with this question.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.