Wiring help... im cunfused...

Participant count
  • Participant list

DB-Audio
10+ year member

Syko DJ music producer
Newtown, CT
So I had 8 gauge wire wired up with no fuse on low power and my amps work fine no problem, well I change the 8 gauge to 4 gauge and all hell breaks loose... I start popping fuses every time I try to hook the amp up whats wrong? I have power to the amp it wont turn on though it (knock on wood ) hasnt smoked yet, but the fuses keep blowing. with no out put. the amp im using is a audiopipe 1300mini

Sounds like you have power wiring/strands maybe grounding out,blowing fuses to me..Check make sure no loose/exposed strands are present,grounding out on power the wire.Check your power run see if you have cut the jacket on the wiring going through the fire wall also...possibly may have cut and exposed the wiring there?

could also have power and ground backwards on the amp. this will blow any size fuse instantly.
LOL..I couldn't tell you how many times ive crossed power and ground wires over the years..It does happen..Thats for sure

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.