System upgrade

Participant count
  • Participants list
Hello, all. If any of you have seen my posts, you know I am doing an upgrade to my meager system. I have everything for the sub, my uncle is building the box for it, and now I have questions about mids and highs. Taking all suggestions, but I am a student with a modest budget, so please keep that in mind.

For front speakers, I was thinking about going with ppi p65c3's. I am wanting to know where I should mount the speakers in this set.

The 6.5 will/can go in the door where the current one is, but I have read that the tweeter and mid should not be in the door. I was thinking put the midrange in the kickpanel(though I haven't the slightest idea on direction) and putting the tweet in the a-frame(but idk where or direction)

For my rear speakers, I will go with Kenwood KFC-6995PS, since I'm not too worried about rear sq(plus I can always upgrade better later) Best Buy sells 6x9 speaker pods for around $50USD. I was going to get them and put them behind the rear seats, facing forward.

Powering all these will be a Power Acoustik RD4-2000D.

If you all have any suggestions, that would be great. Whether they be for mounting places/methods, or other speaker sets to get, thanks.

Upgrade is as follows:

Subwoofer: Fi BL18 in 6.2ft^3 box tuned to 34 Hz

Sub Amp: Precision Power Black Ice 1800WRMS (ppi bk1800.1d)

Front/Door: Precision Power p65c3 3-way Component Set

Rear Deck/Pods: Kenwood KFC-6995PS Coaxial

Mids+ Highs Amp: Power Acoustik RD4-2000D Quad Channel Amp

Big 3 Upgrade: Done

Battery: Planned

HO Alternator: Only If Needed

Boss and Power Acoustik are on the same level. They're marketed toward those who are ignorant (not an insult) of electronics and their power ratings are deceptive to say the least.

As for the front stage, unless you're prepared to do a lot of time alignment, deadening and other extensive and often expensive tuning... three way components aren't worth the trouble. I would recommend a good set of coaxials or two way components up front and I would save the money on the rear fill and spend it on power and some deadener for the front stage. A properly set up front stage doesn't need the band aid of rear fill... in my opinion.

Ok... So I'll go with the black ice for amp. I plan on doing a full Sound Deadener Showdown CLD, MLV, CCF, and 3M Thinsulate treatment for my car, when the funds allow it. Are there any 2 way sets you would recommend? Also mount point for tweeter? I was thinking upper part of the a-frame or maybe ear-level of a-frame.

Thinking maybe Infinity Kappa 60.9cs because they have a very high sensitivity and good rating on Sonic. Maybe Infinity Reference 6030cs too. I've never run a non-stock front stage, so I don't really know what to buy for.

Triple post but... I could go Black Ice for everything because it would look gorgeous, and still sound quite good based on review and what I've heard around here about Precision Power.

You'd have to demo the stuff to know what you would like. I never demo'ed **** and always winged it, but it may be better for you to do so. As far as the infinity goes, many say the tweets are too harsh, never heard them myself though

@NASTY08IMPALA ; he used a black ice 800.4 amp From what i see he likes it.

used a ppi Ion520.4 and now a ppi phantom 900.4 I like them a lot better then JL 300.4 and soundstream and kicker 4 channels I've used but these ppi amps have a lot more power so its not really fair. However, their retail value is a lot lower so it wins in the price to performance ratio category hands down. There's verified clamps to the phantom 900.4 PASMAG | PERFORMANCE AUTO AND SOUND - Precision Power P900.4 Amplifier
and the ion 520.4 My test: Precision Power iON 520.4
pretty sure the black ice 800.4 will not disappoint.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.