sub clicking

Participant count
  • Participant list

Better-Action
10+ year member

give me a reach around
SD
Got a American bass xfl. Makes a clicking noise once it gets moving. Not a scratching noise. Can push cone up and down and all feels smooth, no noise at all. Can see the coil, still a bright copper color. Just as loud as it ever was.

Dust cap is firmly in place. Tinsels can't be slapping due to design. Can't put a dmm on it at the moment, garage burned down and my dmm is mia.

Any ideas?

Could be the cap over the coil. It's a secondary dust cap. Bob says or coils coming hitting the top of the former
So removing the dust cap would be the way to check this out right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.