So bigger amp?

Pyrofan

CarAudio.com Elite
Ga
Well sent my gains with a Oscope today and got distortion at 30v. ( had the amp set at 40 volts with DMM glad I scoped it). I went onto 12volt and plugged in my results and got 1000 watts. Is that right? These 2 Sa-12 can way louder then right? The amp is a MB Quart 1600.1. May run a AB ph4000 if I get a new amp. Oh decisions decisions...

Even the onyx quart should be putting out more than just a little over half rated before clipping. What does your power situation look like? I assume you have D4 sa 12's. What box are you working with? Better to see exactly where you are at before we chime in bigger amp

Well 1000 watts is over half. The car is a 2011 F150 all stock with 0 gauge wire. The box is a 4Ft^3 ported box to 34 Hz.

Just seen your'e running two sa 12's then yeah I would get a bigger amp some where between 2000-3000 watts. Those sa 12's can handle some power.
Hell yea they can. They are barely moving now. Wonder how much louder a bigger amp would be?

Just seen your'e running two sa 12's then yeah I would get a bigger amp some where between 2000-3000 watts. Those sa 12's can handle some power.
Hell yea they can. They are barely moving now. Wonder how much louder a bigger amp would be?

What does your voltage look like at the amp running full tilt? How/where did you ground? 62% of rated power is less than what these are known for doing. Once again a little over half. What is your source for your signal?

What does your voltage look like at the amp running full tilt? How/where did you ground? 62% of rated power is less than what these are known for doing. Once again a little over half. What is your source for your signal?
Ground behind the seat. Tested it and it check out. Been I awhile since I tested it the voltage drop but it wasn't much. My truck has a big alternator already and the previous owner got a big battery put in. The signal is the Stock HU Bluetooth'ed to a tablet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.