24Hz Vented Is KILLIN' Sealed!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

WarDrumz
10+ year member

Hebrew Israelite
I finally got my box up and going today. It is a 24hz 3.4 cubic feet vented enclosure from Gnome Audio.

MAN!!!

It is absolutely in every category, IMO, killin' a sealed box!

If anybody has every played that Lil' Jon song "REP YO CITY" in a sealed box, then you know how low that song goes. Well, I played that in my new box, and OMG, I felt like I was sitting chin high in bass notes. It was absolutely wonderful. It played NOTICABLY lower than the box I just took out tuned @35Hz. It isn't quite as loud as the one tuned @35Hz, but it's loud enough //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I guess that's to be expected, bcuz the vent on it was 4" wide, and the one I have now, due to vent displacement, is only 2" wide. AND I'm in no rush to go deaf.

But yeah, I played my other Crystal sub (my backup) in an optimum sealed enclosure just to see if it sounded any different than the vented one tuned @24Hz. The vented sounded EVERY BIT as good as the sealed setup, with TWICE the volume //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I strongly urge you SQ guyz, the ones of you that like mid-level volume with excellent sound quality, to go VENTED, and have it tuned LOW.

And for all you guyz with the "sealed=sq" & "vented=spl" mindset, you couldn't be more wrong, when the box is tuned correctly. My setup is a SQPL setup,lol.

IMO a vented box tuned as low as mine is will be superior to sealed in every aspect, IF you have the space, AND it will be about twice as loud.

My Hifonics amps

My 15" Crystal CMPx2

& My Polk Audio MM6 components = COULDN'T BE HAPPIER

All I need now is a stronger alternator, and my stereo will be COMPLETE.

PS: Thanx Don (Gnome Audio),

Yeah the box was late, and so was the terminal (got it today), BUT the results were WONDERFUL, and the build quality was EXCELLENT. I'm sure that box will last me quite a few years. Thanx man.

VENTED RULES!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey hey now we're back on topic.

Let's keep it that way. Because it sure is real easy to get rid of posts that don't have a place on a public forum.

- Steve

Ahhh, that's better.

Hey Steve,

You think you can make it where the thread starters can choose the people that they don't want able to respond?

Even though they're on my ignore list, I don't want to even see their names.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

WarDrumz

10+ year member
Hebrew Israelite
WarDrumz
BABYLON THE GREAT
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies