Swapped to Lawn Mower Batts and I must say

Boomsday
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
My House
Im surprised how well they work. Dom Iraggi talked me into running them, swapped out my big agms for more of the smaller lawn mower batts and my voltage stays just as high, less weight in the rear, and cost alot less. Anybody on a budget.. Or if you are only gonna run 800-1kish(per batt) these are definitely worth looking into

Which ones did you end of using? i.e. AH capacity / qty..
They are not rated with AH capacity. CCA and CA..I have 8 (2 under the hood)

The super starts from o'reilly's they where $21ea brand new they have 410ca so 3280ca total a normal g31 has like 1000ca or so. Also price was like $180tax and all a xs3100 or NSB31 is like 300+ for 1

Hm. These Agm or lead acid?
LA, but since they are lawn batts they are maintenance free. Also I was concerned about gas, All batts have vents and wont start to gas unless you put to much stain on one. Iraggi made a vid of a 100amp load on just one for 2min straight aka (1k 2min burp) and it took it like a champ

These batteries just powering the amplifier, correct ?

Battery isolator to keep them charged just like a dual-battery system ?

I would love to have a separate battery/s for the amplifier and have it inside the vehicle, wire up a dozen of them in parallel to run both the amplifier and/or power inverter.

These batteries just powering the amplifier, correct ?Battery isolator to keep them charged just like a dual-battery system ?

I would love to have a separate battery/s for the amplifier and have it inside the vehicle, wire up a dozen of them in parallel to run both the amplifier and/or power inverter.
All wired in parallel so running everything not just them amps, and no isolator my alt is big enough to charge them all no problem (I will trickle them every month or so tho to make sure they are healthy)

All wired in parallel so running everything not just them amps, and no isolator my alt is big enough to charge them all no problem (I will trickle them every month or so tho to make sure they are healthy)
Dam u got me thinking now I am running 4 big 6 volt batterys (golf cart agm)ran parallel to make 12 volt and mine are strong they equal to like 5 12 volt batters but been thinking of changing them out so now I have something to turn to without breaking the bank. Thanks Man

Dam u got me thinking now I am running 4 big 6 volt batterys (golf cart agm)ran parallel to make 12 volt and mine are strong they equal to like 5 12 volt batters but been thinking of changing them out so now I have something to turn to without breaking the bank. Thanks Man
Yep, Im always againts the normal (sundown, xs power) stuff. All about bangin on a budget

I hope that's not how you roll with hookers. Interesting idea though, might consider giving this a try
Yep the cheaper the better with them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Also just wanted to add, if you do alot of demoing with the car "OFF" then these are not gonna be as good as an AGM. But with the car running they have a very fast discharge (since they are meant to start an engine so they need that initial burst) so on quick bass notes they are great

Yep the cheaper the better with them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Also just wanted to add, if you do alot of demoing with the car "OFF" then these are not gonna be as good as an AGM. But with the car running they have a very fast discharge (since they are meant to start an engine so they need that initial burst) so on quick bass notes they are great
Thats great! had some kinetiks took a crap on me after the accident, how many batts would running 3k wrms need? I'm seriously wanting to try this tomorrow. As of now with 2k rms, with gain extra low, i'm getting 13.1V voltage drops in my new minivan with stock battery under the hood battery and alt but finished big 3 and my amp is pretty power hungry.

Thats great! had some kinetiks took a crap on me after the accident, how many batts would running 3k wrms need? I'm seriously wanting to try this tomorrow. As of now with 2k rms, with gain extra low, i'm getting 13.1V voltage drops in my new minivan with stock battery under the hood battery and alt but finished big 3 and my amp is pretty power hungry.
what size stock alt do you have??

looking at 3-4 for 3k

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.