help 2004 honda accord amp install

Participant count
  • Participant list
i dont got pictures but i ran mine behind the fender on the driver side. what i did was loosened the fender from the rest of the car and with careful manuevering i was able to get it through into the interior of the car. keep in mind it was 1/0 gauge wire covered with techflex

EDIT* i did not drill holes either

i dont got pictures but i ran mine behind the fender on the driver side. what i did was loosened the fender from the rest of the car and with careful manuevering i was able to get it through into the interior of the car. keep in mind it was 1/0 gauge wire covered with techflex
EDIT* i did not drill holes either
that is not a recommended method. techflex alone is not acceptable at metal edges. rubber or plastic grommets at all metal edges are required. your method usually results in shorts and damaged wire because you aren't able to secure the wire often enough to keep it from moving and wearing through the insulation. you may have done a great job and have no issues, but when someone asks for a route, we try to stick to recommendations that match IASCA install rules. i've seen a lot of people get shorts in their power wire when trying to fish wire through the fender.

in those cars there is an unused grommet in the firewall just above the gas pedal. the rubber barrier has a circular mark that pops out to reveal the grommet.

Not sure if the 06-07 have the same grommets as 03 - 05. I have an 05 and this is the grommet I used. It was the easiest to access IMO. The wire under the yellow line is my power wire covered in a wire cover thing. The wires above the blue line, is a factory harness(be very cautious not to cut any of these if you choose this wiring location). Sorry for the dark pic. If you need a better one let me know and I can try to get one. The wire comes out right under the passenger dash. I just ran it under the floor mat, under the passenger seat, under the rear floor mat, under the rear seat, and into the trunk.
DSC02379b.jpg
here is another option.

that is not a recommended method. techflex alone is not acceptable at metal edges. rubber or plastic grommets at all metal edges are required. your method usually results in shorts and damaged wire because you aren't able to secure the wire often enough to keep it from moving and wearing through the insulation. you may have done a great job and have no issues, but when someone asks for a route, we try to stick to recommendations that match IASCA install rules. i've seen a lot of people get shorts in their power wire when trying to fish wire through the fender.
in those cars there is an unused grommet in the firewall just above the gas pedal. the rubber barrier has a circular mark that pops out to reveal the grommet.
i hope there is a pdf file for the IASCA rules. i want to read up on that some more. thanks for the info KHA

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.