is this correct to set gains on dmm

My amp pushes 60x4 or 225x2 at 4 ohms

My speakers are rated at 100rms 4 ohms..infinity perfect components

I wanna bridge them to get 100 w. I have a ohms law app so I don't have to do the math. But under ohms I put 4

And watts I put 100 correct? Since I wanna run 100? It says 20v , sound rite?

When I had it on 4 channels my calculation was 15.5 volts but I believe that gave me 60 w

I have blown speakers rated over 60 with this amp on 4 channel by pushing gains to high. With the 15.5 v im at about a little less then 3/4 gain

Rockford punch 450. 4
So to be 100%certain , voltage at 20ac, 3/4 volume, 1000Hz tone, will not damage speakers rated at 100rms?
Yeah, certainly no damage like that. Some people use like - 3 dB or - 6 dB 1000hz test tones because not all songs are recorded at the same volume. But using the standard 0 dB 1000hz is the safest way.

I am not trying to steal your thread or anything... When doing the math of my amp rated at 4300 at 1 ohm how do I calculate for .7 ohms. The equation I was taught was Vac=square root of (Amp watts)x(impedence) So for 4300 at 1 ohm I should tune to about 66 vac. but multiplying 4300x.7 will cause less watts not more. Somebody please un f my logic.

Orrrrr.... does the gain just have to be set lower since I am running it at a lower impedence??

I am not trying to steal your thread or anything... When doing the math of my amp rated at 4300 at 1 ohm how do I calculate for .7 ohms. The equation I was taught was Vac=square root of (Amp watts)x(impedence) So for 4300 at 1 ohm I should tune to about 66 vac. but multiplying 4300x.7 will cause less watts not more. Somebody please un f my logic.
Orrrrr.... does the gain just have to be set lower since I am running it at a lower impedence??
The lower the impedence is the higher the watts rate goes up because of less resistance.

Im not gonna throw a number out there since i couldnt say.

But its better to try and find a clamp test for your amp.

Rockford punch 450. 4
So to be 100%certain , voltage at 20ac, 3/4 volume, 1000Hz tone, will not damage speakers rated at 100rms?
The power that you can safely give speakers depends on the tuning and the install as well as the speakers. That 100 watt rating is a thermal limit of the voice coil, and is probably rated at 1000 Hz. 100 watts is not the rating at 70 Hz or wherever you set the hipass up for. The lower you play them, the less power they'll take. Add some loudness or bass boost and 100 watts will kill them.

IMO it's a worthless effort to set main speaker power with a number from a meter. Do it by ear, you'll be able to tell when it's too much.

My headunit was 2v , replaced it with a 5 v unit i had to turn the amp gain up to adjust voltage. Shouldn't I of had to bring it down since my amp has more voltage? This thing is really loud man what a difference. But am I good?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.