Crescendo vs Soundqubed

ATOMICxTomato
10+ year member

So im looking for an amp to run my Sundown Zv3 15 of and have decided I want to give it somewhere around 2000 watts. I have these two in mind, the Crescendo Bd2000D or the Soundqubed Q1-2200d, which would be better? Or if you guys have any other suggestions? I would like to keep it under 500, and am perfectly fine with going used. Though i am not looking to buy now. Gotta save up first but wanted to see what options I had.

Yea I kinda wanted to go buying something new, just cause if im spending that much I don't want something that might crap out on me and has no warranty. The Crescendo looks real nice. Anybody have one that could chime in?

Im a big Soundqubed/Audioque fan. If It was me I would do the SQ2200. Ive had 5 AQ amps and loved them all. Don't think you can beat them for the price.

$480 for the BC2000

$430 for the SQ2200

Yea there is a 50 buck difference there. Anybody know or can recommend any other amps in this price range that do the same amount of power? Wanted to see what other options I had

So im looking for an amp to run my Sundown Zv3 15 of and have decided I want to give it somewhere around 2000 watts. I have these two in mind, the Crescendo Bd2000D or the Soundqubed Q1-2200d, which would be better? Or if you guys have any other suggestions? I would like to keep it under 500, and am perfectly fine with going used. Though i am not looking to buy now. Gotta save up first but wanted to see what options I had.
Crescendo FTW...I got a Crescendo Symphony 1500.1 pushing a Fi Q 12 and it's now where near broken in and it sounds rediculously clean and deep for a sealed box. ( a little over recommended ideal of 1.2 to now 1.4, I'll probably add some more bracing. Crescendo amps put out clean power and are a bit underrated. 1720 rms certified and 1860rms dynamic burst. You won't regret any of their amps, BC series are even better.

I have 2 fi q 12, have bn searching for 2 good quality, efficient, inexpensive amps that will do rated for these bad boys. So far i've narrowed my choices down to symphony 1500, ct sounds 1400, saz 1500, or something in the rf line (not sure which model as they have several to choose from)..

What do you guys think??

Are you still running symphony 1500 on your fi q?

Just how well do you like the symphony on your fi @ this point?

Is it still giving your sub enough power?

Or now that it is broken in, do you feel the need for a bigger amp with more head room?

Also how well is it performing in a sealed box?

My plans is to go with 1 amp per sub/sealed..

Thanks in advance

I've personally owned 2 bc2k's (sold 1st then bought another) one beast of an amp. If you're into a running at under an ohm they have a warranty for that as well.

Ive had an AQ2200 and a Crescendo BC2000. Both are great amps but the AQ2200 was the best amp I ever owned. I almost actually cried after I sold it. That wasnt so much the case withe the BC2000.

Nice thread it's really about the power alot of normal joe's are using. Had the same question for my two Tantrics. Anyone care to throw in thoughts on the American Bass VFL amp I think it's the 120.

The SoundQubed is right at that threshold of a great value price, before a drop in quality. So for the 2000ish watt range, they are very difficult to beat.

Nice thread it's really about the power alot of normal joe's are using. Had the same question for my two Tantrics. Anyone care to throw in thoughts on the American Bass VFL amp I think it's the 120.
I run my vfl 4480 full tilt all day @ 1ohm doing over rated power like a champ.

It easily can handle .5 ohm like nothing.

The 120.1 is a step above in hardware quality.

Whats up fellas

what amps would you recommend for 2 fi q 12, 1500 rms going sealed!

I have bn searching for 2 good quality, efficient, inexpensive amps, still not sure what to get.

So far i've narrowed my choices down to symphony 1500, ct sounds 1400, saz 1500, sax 1200, rf t1000-1bdcp, rf t1500 1bdcp (I noticed they have several to choose from), arc xdi 1100.1

Is any of these amps ideal? Or are there others I should tk a closer look at?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ATOMICxTomato

10+ year member
ATOMICxTomato
Dallas, Tx
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from