thoughts/opinions on my box design

Participant count
  • Participant list

dlg3413
10+ year member

So i sketched up a design for 1 sundown sa 10. it will be going on the backseat of my crewcab chevy truck. i just want to see what yall think about it. Opinions/thoughts/improvements/tips greatly appreciated. this is my first box design so I know its not perfect. just lookin for a little advice and feedback. And BTW i am a very skilled artist as you can tell.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

View attachment 26548155

I wanted to make a 6" aero port for it but the length (according to the12volt.com's calculator) would have to be like 40 inches so i definately would not fit it. feel free to check all the math an add anything. in my crewcab the sub is definately louder facing the roof. so should i face the port up too or just leave on the side. Thanks in advance. Just want to get it all right before i build it.

incase u cant read numbers in pic here are external measurements:

height=12 inches

width= 24 inches.

depth= 13 1/2 inches

gross internal volume= 1.64 ft^3

net interal volume(after port and sub displacement)= 1.43 ft^3

4" aero 16 1/2" long= 35htz

i also forgot to add that the sub will be seeing somewhere close to 1000 watts. its on a hifonics gladiator 1400 watt amp at 2ohms but im only running 4gauge wire (for the moment)

Have you tried sub forward vs sub up? Usually, trucks are loudest on the driver side with the sub forward and port passenger side. Box specs are good, but remember you have to add an inch or so because of the flare to get the real tuning if you are using a real aero port. So it might be tuned a tiny bit higher than 35 with that port length. Other than that i would double baffle the face and would put the sub on the other side of the box , farthest from the port opening.

Have you tried sub forward vs sub up? Usually, trucks are loudest on the driver side with the sub forward and port passenger side. Box specs are good, but remember you have to add an inch or so because of the flare to get the real tuning if you are using a real aero port. So it might be tuned a tiny bit higher than 35 with that port length. Other than that i would double baffle the face and would put the sub on the other side of the box , farthest from the port opening.
yes i have tried sub forward but the results are much less.greatest output i have seen is from sub up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.