Help selecting a 15" subwoofer for 2kW RMS

Spectre420

Hey all! First post!

Ive been lurking for a minute and been able to find all the info I need thus far but now I have a question and I figured I would ask it.

So currently my subwoofer setup consists of the following:

1x Kicker L7 15inch in ported box of unknown volume (I know its a bit too small thats for sure)

1x Hifonics Brutus 2kW RMS amp

1x 2F capacitor

0 gauge wire for all power/ground and 4 gauge speaker wire

1x High output battery

Stock 130A alternator

Big three augmented with 2 gauge wire from another car I was parting out. Not the best I know but its enough for stock alternator.

I used to run an 1100w amp but it blew and I replaced it with the 2kW. The 2k slammed hard for about 2 hours straight on a road trip and now the sub makes a rattle sound and medium volumes or more so im pretty sure its damaged and on its way out considering its 1kW rms rating.

So now im looking to replace it with a sub woofer that can take the 2kW all day and live.

I would like to have as much bass if not more than the L7 but I would like to improve on the sound quality. The square sub just doesn't sound right.

I would like to spend 300$ish on this sub. My friend is giving me his old box to re-face and its ported and large enough for most 15"s. Larger than the one I have now too. Ill get back with the actual size.

I'm willing to spend up to 600$ if its worth it but I was hoping to save that money and get a H/O alternator.

From my searches I have found that the Massive Audio Hippo 152 seems to be the best option for my needs and budget (Massive Audio Hippo-152 15" Hippo Series Car Subwoofer) but theirs many things about it I'm not satisfied with.

For starters the lack of detailed reviews makes me iffy. I like the 97dB sensitivity but I don't like the paper cone.

My next step up in my opinion would be the RE Audio XXX 15 (RE Audio XXX15D2 (XXX15-D2) 15" Dual 2 ohm Car Subwoofer) and I love everything about that sub woofer except the price tag.

I could also replace it with another L7 and put it in a better box but that doesn't solve my issues on SQ and power handling.

I'm looking for the communities opinion on the subs I'm looking at and suggestions on other subs that i might have overlooked.

Im sorry if my post was confusing. Thanks for reading my post =)

shidddddd when you sell them shits, I just might buy one, and have you send it to Murphy for me to get it reconed into a 12
Mine are black cf caps and white powder coated baskets. But yea it can be arranged. Prolly be ready in 30-45 days

Not if he buys used. Mine will be up for sale soon. Upgrading to shd subs
Dude, you need to be upgrading to some Ground Zero subs there buddy

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Yes I got a 4k on each at .35
Holy crap, you mean the Ground Zero 4k takes .35

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.