SKAR IVX 12 D2 from the "Yard sale"

kingjd7
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Kent Ohio
Well I don't really mean to cause a Skar bashing thread, but I ordered (2) IVX 12's from Skar from the "yard sale". One was perfect nice and clean, the other one was all dented at the outside rim and the magnet was sitting at an angle...literally. I believe it was dropped, because the box it was in looked perfectly fine. Anyway I would return the sub but I managed to bend the magnet where it should be so the voice coil isn't scraping anymore. Plus I only paid $110 for both subs shipped. Anyway i'm really impressed with how these subs sound. I'm only running a USA-100 with them but they sound very clean. I built a ported enclosure to the specs on Skars website. I previously had (1) Audiobahn AW1500Q. (these are actually decent Audiobahn subs. no flames the front is all black). The Audiobahn was louder than the 2 12's but the 12's sound better. I'm sure once I finally get a good 1000 watt amp the subs will sound much better. Anyway The yard sale was "AS IS" but "guaranteed working", So I doubt Skar will make this right, and by paying the shipping to return one of them it will totally defeat the reason I bought these subs in the first place.

I didn't see all the **** that happened with skar audio. I personally don't like them because it seems like they're always following Jacob and I would rather support the person that comes up with ideas vs the person following them. But in skar's defense on this one a yard sale is stuff they can't sale because it doesn't past qc inspection. You get what you pay for.

Yeah, thats why i'm not really mad. I wasn't really expecting the magnet to be bent where the rear vents are though. Lucky for me I was able to bend it back and it's not rubbing anymore. I took some pics i'll post them up.

I didn't see all the **** that happened with skar audio. I personally don't like them because it seems like they're always following Jacob and I would rather support the person that comes up with ideas vs the person following them. But in skar's defense on this one a yard sale is stuff they can't sale because it doesn't past qc inspection. You get what you pay for.
Where have you been man? Jacob and rd and dc all use to carry the same freaking amps. Its always like this when companies all use the same build house and build the same stuff. You want to be different then run something else. Not saying sundown isnt good stuff but I remember the first pro audio speaker from sundown which was pricey and ended up being a pyle speaker. Not sticking up for skar at all I just hate the sundown nut hugging. Try new things swap your audio out

Sell* pass*

Where have you been man? Jacob and rd and dc all use to carry the same freaking amps. Its always like this when companies all use the same build house and build the same stuff. You want to be different then run something else. Not saying sundown isnt good stuff but I remember the first pro audio speaker from sundown which was pricey and ended up being a pyle speaker. Not sticking up for skar at all I just hate the sundown nut hugging. Try new things swap your audio out
Amp wise I agree, same with the nuthuggers being annoying. But I think he means subwoofers. The fat surround and all that jazz that he's copied.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.