Sundown X15 on 1000rms enough???

box rise is a weird thing. you could be seeing 1200 at one frequency, and 700 at another.... i wouldn't say 1k is enough power though. i had an X18 on a SAZ-2000 and it still wanted a bit more.

That amp won't do rated but it will be fine for the X. I would still go with the X because you can always up the power later on. With an SA, your max safe power is gonne be ~1-1.2K. The X can take ~2.5K.

The SA would be a better match for 1K RMS since that's when they really start to come alive, BUT the X series will still do fine and like bbeljefe stated, you'll have plenty of head room for future power upgrades. So I'd go with the X series for the "future proofing".

Thanks for the info guys . . . How many cubes does that bad boy need though to sound good . . That may be my only issue . . My 11 fusion doesnt have a huge trunk . . I fit a 3.5 cube box in just barely?!

2.5ft for a 15 is tiny even sealed. 3.5 would be better.
oh ****. I dont know why I read the title as X12.

the X 15 would work in anything from 2.75 to 4 cf

3.5 would be ideal. Use an aeroported box and you'll be able to fit the box

I have a '12 Focus and I fit a 3.25cf enclosure for a 15" in the trunk using a octo port

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.