Help me with my Eclipse av8022 PLEASE LOOK!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Me and my wife have a eclipse av8022 fold out dvd/nav h/u and she bought it new about 7 years ago. It was in her ex's car until they broke up and he wasn't too nice with the wires when he took it out to give it back. It hasn't been installed since then and when I hooked it up to a 12 volt source, it says that it was locked and needs a security disk to unlock it. I emailed Eclipse, but I know they stopped doing car audio. I was wondering if anyone has dealt with one of these and this problem. Is there a way to reset the h/u? I know some of the Eclipse had a reset sequence that bypassed it, but Idk about this one. If anyone has a disk that would work, I'll be more than willing to pay you for it (but I need to know it works first)We just don't want her $1400.00 or this classic piece of car audio history to go to waste. Thanks for looking

Me and my wife have a eclipse av8022 fold out dvd/nav h/u and she bought it new about 7 years ago. It was in her ex's car until they broke up and he wasn't too nice with the wires when he took it out to give it back. It hasn't been installed since then and when I hooked it up to a 12 volt source, it says that it was locked and needs a security disk to unlock it. I emailed Eclipse, but I know they stopped doing car audio. I was wondering if anyone has dealt with one of these and this problem. Is there a way to reset the h/u? I know some of the Eclipse had a reset sequence that bypassed it, but Idk about this one. If anyone has a disk that would work, I'll be more than willing to pay you for it (but I need to know it works first)We just don't want her $1400.00 or this classic piece of car audio history to go to waste. Thanks for looking
send it to united radio

send it to united radio
What's United Radio? I'm gonna Google it, but do you have personal experience w/ them fixing this unit? or just know that they do them? It ***** Eclipse stopped doing what they did best, car audio. I am also missing the volume knob, but I'm sure I can find something that will fit, I hope. Or United Radio can help. I already have a new pioneer double din w/o the dvd and nav, so it'll do for now. Thanks for the response...

What's United Radio? I'm gonna Google it, but do you have personal experience w/ them fixing this unit? or just know that they do them? It ***** Eclipse stopped doing what they did best, car audio. I am also missing the volume knob, but I'm sure I can find something that will fit, I hope. Or United Radio can help. I already have a new pioneer double din w/o the dvd and nav, so it'll do for now. Thanks for the response...
Or sell the radio up here but they are some of the last people who will unlock eclipse radios and are known for good work

Or sell the radio up here but they are some of the last people who will unlock eclipse radios and are known for good work
I really appreciate the direction you're pointing me into. I have never really thought about selling it much since it is/was a great h/u that originally cost over $1500.00 back in 2002. It's not really "modern-esque" since it was one of the first lines of touch screen radios, but I think it would be freakin awesome as far as sq goes and give my system that little bit of extra "personality" if ya feel me...gotta be better than my bottom of the line pioneer fb700xt or whatever the model is.

I really appreciate the direction you're pointing me into. I have never really thought about selling it much since it is/was a great h/u that originally cost over $1500.00 back in 2002. It's not really "modern-esque" since it was one of the first lines of touch screen radios, but I think it would be freakin awesome as far as sq goes and give my system that little bit of extra "personality" if ya feel me...gotta be better than my bottom of the line pioneer fb700xt or whatever the model is.
I fully agree. Get that bad boy fixed

I fully agree. Get that bad boy fixed
It's pretty bad when your an audio company, won't mention names but it rhymes with shmioneer, and some one would rather have a stereo from 2002 over your 2014 model double din. I've never seen a radio's equalizer change and affect the sub as well as mids, unless someone put the rca's in the wrong preout. That's not the case here and I've shown it to some friends that compete and have their own audio shop (where I picked up my Crescendo equipment) and they said there's nothing wrong w/ my wiring or setup, it has to be the h/u's problem. aRRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.