What makes a subwoofer louder?

MakkMar10

Bangin on a Budget
SoCal
In my case im looking at 2 HDS312 then upgrade to HDC12, SA12, XFL etc. Anyway would i awlays need a sub spec box? An what makes, in a case the HDC @ 1500wrms louder than the HDS @ 1500wrms in the same box same amp basic sub switch?

In my case im looking at 2 HDS312 then upgrade to HDC12, SA12, XFL etc. Anyway would i awlays need a sub spec box? An what makes, in a case the HDC @ 1500wrms louder than the HDS @ 1500wrms in the same box same amp basic sub switch?
Going from 2 HDS312s down to two SA 12s or XFLs wouldn't probably change anything.

Would sound **** near identical to each other.

The HDC3 on 1500 rms would do better than the HDS3 @ 1500rms because of more motor force, xmax, etc... And in the future you'd be able to up power without having to swap subs.

I'd say if anything, you should upgrade from HDS312s to HDC312s in the future. Swapping to XFLs/SAs would be a waste imo

Going from 2 HDS312s down to two SA 12s or XFLs wouldn't probably change anything.

Would sound **** near identical to each other.

The HDC3 on 1500 rms would do better than the HDS3 @ 1500rms because of more motor force, xmax, etc... And in the future you'd be able to up power without having to swap subs.

I'd say if anything, you should upgrade from HDS312s to HDC312s in the future. Swapping to XFLs/SAs would be a waste imo

Going from 2 HDS312s down to two SA 12s or XFLs wouldn't probably change anything.Would sound **** near identical to each other.

I didnt want to sound lik an SQfreak, but thats the ultimate plan HDS

Going from 2 HDS312s down to two SA 12s or XFLs wouldn't probably change anything.Would sound **** near identical to each other.

I didnt want to sound lik an SQfreak, but thats the ultimate plan HDS

each sub has different thiele small parameters and need their own enclosure to get the perfect sound and loudness comming from them. You cant just expect to keep the same box and put in different subs and say oh this sub is louder then this. Thats totally wrong because a strong sub in a bad premade box which will not sound loud or good meanwhile a weak puny sub can sound like a monster in a proper enclosure.

each sub has different thiele small parameters and need their own enclosure to get the perfect sound and loudness comming from them. You cant just expect to keep the same box and put in different subs and say oh this sub is louder then this. Thats totally wrong because a strong sub in a bad premade box which will not sound loud or good meanwhile a weak puny sub can sound like a monster in a proper enclosure.
So should i wait til i can get HDC's? Or would my power supply also play a big factor? I can only find a YellowTop that'l fit my '10 Patriot, with that an Big3 how far would that get me? Im think'n that should be enough for an SQ2200d an P900.4. I want to start buying this weekend, but is it worth waiting another month for better subs?

2 HDC3s would laugh at the 2200. I ran my 2 off an AQ3500 and they handled it no problem.
You are going to need electrical upgrades.
Not worth getting the Hdc on that amp unless you run just one 15
I figured all that....So is it possible i could get a HDC spec box, throw HDS's in it an up grade as time goes on? Or should i just do 2 separate SubAmpBox set ups hahaha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.