mechman alt lasted 1/2 hr

Well I bought a mechman 240 amp alt installed on truck ran truck for about 1/2hr total drove about 20 miles jammed to one song and now not even charging. .wtf. here's a video link

well maybe it got messed up in shipping? you cant expect smaller companies to never make mistakes. I do think they should pay for all shipping to fix the problem. give them a chance and check all your wires

I think it wasnt running to begin with your truck was starting on battery power and ran on battery power for as long as it did. That *****. Maybe it was running and something died lol Not something you hear everyday from mechman. They will take care of it.

check ur fuses on that because i had to put a bigger fuse the little ones kept poppin

Well I bought a mechman 240 amp alt installed on truck ran truck for about 1/2hr total drove about 20 miles jammed to one song and now not even charging. .wtf. here's a video link

no everything checks out( fuses , wiring) worked when i first installed it. then i thought my stinger voltage gage took a sh*t at 1st until i started checking it with a volt meter then hooked up my battery charger and batteries where @ 49% voltage never went above 12.8 volts turned on lights ,amp heater ect.then down to 12.2 volts , im just frustrated like i said had for 2 weeks but truck is under construction so has maybe 1/2hr usage on it but i put the old 10si back on there works great but with a 90 amp alt cant jam lol

agreed with nasty impala. i just had a problem with mine. it was a 240a hairpin and i sent it in and they gave me a good deal on upgrading it to a 320a with there avbm2 module as well. was very fast too. once they got it i had it back withing 2 weeks at most

ok a week sounds a little better , so sounds like this isnt just me then , and my setup im was thing dam at least my tenney lasted better than a year lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

tdford5

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
tdford5
ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date