DC Vs FI audio...

kdc_619
10+ year member

2004 Ford Mustang. So very little trunk space.

I currently have (2) 12 inch JBL GT120's with JBL 500 watt amp sealed box

Sounds great, definitely sound quality oriented however I now want a little more thump in the trunk. Im now in a position where I can afford to spend a little more and get some good quality subs. I would like to stick with 2 twelves or even 2 tens with a ported box (if possible)

Im looking to get up around 1000 to 2000+ watts... however, like i said before, they'll be in sealed boxes with about .7 per chamber... Might be wishful thinking but any input is welcome and worth a try..

I was looking at the FI SSD12 as well as the DC Audio Level 3 m2 12 Inch Subwoofer...

Given the small box they'll be in which route would you go?

2004 Ford Mustang. So very little trunk space. I currently have (2) 12 inch JBL GT120's with JBL 500 watt amp sealed box

Sounds great, definitely sound quality oriented however I now want a little more thump in the trunk. Im now in a position where I can afford to spend a little more and get some good quality subs. I would like to stick with 2 twelves or even 2 tens with a ported box (if possible)

Im looking to get up around 1000 to 2000+ watts... however, like i said before, they'll be in sealed boxes with about .7 per chamber... Might be wishful thinking but any input is welcome and worth a try..

I was looking at the FI SSD12 as well as the DC Audio Level 3 m2 12 Inch Subwoofer...

I would go with Fi over DC any day... Better parts used on fi subs..

I would go with Fi over DC any day... Better parts used on fi subs..
**** son. Hatin on DC like that when your building me a Level 6 LOL Iv always thought that DC was on par with FI. I dont know when they fell off the cliff.

2004 Ford Mustang. So very little trunk space. I currently have (2) 12 inch JBL GT120's with JBL 500 watt amp sealed box

I'd go w/ Fi all day...The only bad thing about them is the build time. They hand build every sub to order which is whats holding up my current build. I ordered a Q about 10 business days ago and the said it'd be about 15, so 2 more weeks. Only problem for you is the box size. my Q's being built for sealed application, but I'm going w/ 1.2 after displacement. Fi subs have a bigger than normal displacement of .16 for the Q and I think .14 for the ssd b/c of the size of the motor, I think. Even the owner recommended 1.1-1.2 to me, so you're gonna have to upgrade the box, I'd say go w/ 1 Q or BL and you'd be golden. Btw, I just bought a new Crescendo Symphony 1500.1. Fi's love power. Don't forget that.

You keepin back seat in?Can't remember if the seats folded down in my 04 or not.Fi all day imo.I've ran multiple subs from both companies and the Fi's have taken everything i've thrown at em.The DC's did too but would get a lil stinky.Sp4's are animals.I've never regreted buying Fi.Resale value also.Good luck op.

I don't think any of that in the space you're allowing will be a big upgrade. If you can't get into a higher model-line and free up some more space neither would be a good investment IMO.

With that space is got one sub only neither are really good sealed dc needs 1.5^3 per sub and the fi I think just a bit more. For a 12 I have a. 07 same body style. I'd be looking at 10s if you want a pair

Gonna need a bigger box for sure.You can do 2 beast 10's or 1 mean 12''.I crammed 2 15''s in my Mustang but my back seats were out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.