Alternator upgrade

dannicolar

Hey guys my first post here. So I am getting the dimming dash light issue and its starting to get a little annoying. Seeing that I will be upgrading my system to almost double the power I was thinking about a new alternator. I found this one on amazon that seemed a little too good to be true. its called LActrical High Output alternator and puts out 160 amps (almost double what i have now)..... and all for under 100 bucks???? Am I missing something here? Even the three reviews were good! Well anyways let me know what you guys think.

Amazon.com: LActrical NEW HIGH OUTPUT 160AMP ALTERNATOR FOR JEEP CHEROKEE GRAND CHEROKEE WRANGLER COMANCHE PICKUP 1991 91 1992 92 1993 93 1994 94 1995 195 1996 96 1997 97 1998 98 2.5 2.5L 4.0 4.0L ENGINES *ONE YEAR WARRANTY by LActrical*: Automotive

Thanks

Well I know you get what you pay for. That isnt some secret bomb deal that you stumbled upon. LOL Lets just say I know for a fact it doesnt put out anything close to 160 amp. I know $250 alts on ebay that dont even do rated. It just is what it is. I would bet its just as good as your stock dont waste your money. Sooooo. i think we all would like to know how much power your running? If its under 1500 rms I would say buy a Nice battery and that should solve your voltage drops. Duracell agm group 31s at sams 179.99 or Die hard Platinum Pm1s at Sears usually on sale for $240 normally 279.99. Sams club is your Best bet.!!!

A really good deal on an alt. might just be a rebuilt, thats what pro shops do, just add more copper or something.

A capicitor is for big base hits so that the lights don't dim and are cheep at the lower powered end, if thats all you need, but if the battery is dieing or your car starts hard an upgraded alt.is your solution.

Now keep in mind 'loosely quoted from amazon i think' a larger alternater will often be worse a idle and need to be run at driveing speed to really produce much of a big gain.

Not sure but think of a red line honda® running at 6k rpms constantly or a dodge viper™ that tops out at 5k rpms, theres a speed voltage conversion.

Looks like a great deal, because like I said, alt.s can be rebuilt cheeping the price of new, that one only fits certian suvs, a harder sell, I mean who wants unsold parts getting older takeing up space. The best I have seen are 250$s and they are for compation systems or RVS that put out 200 to 250 volts but only at highway speeds. So at half the price seems right.

A really good deal on an alt. might just be a rebuilt, thats what pro shops do, just add more copper or something. A capicitor is for big base hits so that the lights don't dim and are cheep at the lower powered end, if thats all you need, but if the battery is dieing or your car starts hard an upgraded alt.is your solution.

Now keep in mind 'loosely quoted from amazon i think' a larger alternater will often be worse a idle and need to be run at driveing speed to really produce much of a big gain.

Not sure but think of a red line honda® running at 6k rpms constantly or a dodge viper™ that tops out at 5k rpms, theres a speed voltage conversion.

Looks like a great deal, because like I said, alt.s can be rebuilt cheeping the price of new, that one only fits certian suvs, a harder sell, I mean who wants unsold parts getting older takeing up space. The best I have seen are 250$s and they are for compation systems or RVS that put out 200 to 250 volts but only at highway speeds. So at half the price seems right.
Did you just recomend a capacitor

I own a 98 and im running stock alt and a battery.

Hey guys my first post here. So I am getting the dimming dash light issue and its starting to get a little annoying. Seeing that I will be upgrading my system to almost double the power I was thinking about a new alternator. I found this one on amazon that seemed a little too good to be true. its called LActrical High Output alternator and puts out 160 amps (almost double what i have now)..... and all for under 100 bucks???? Am I missing something here? Even the three reviews were good! Well anyways let me know what you guys think.
Amazon.com: LActrical NEW HIGH OUTPUT 160AMP ALTERNATOR FOR JEEP CHEROKEE GRAND CHEROKEE WRANGLER COMANCHE PICKUP 1991 91 1992 92 1993 93 1994 94 1995 195 1996 96 1997 97 1998 98 2.5 2.5L 4.0 4.0L ENGINES *ONE YEAR WARRANTY by LActrical*: Automotive

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.