98 Accord Build

NinjaBass

Low Bass Lover
North AL
This is what I have done to my 98 Accord recently. It was a few week process that I worked on when I had time and nothing special compared to some of the peoples on here, but I did put decent amount of work into it and just thought I would post some pics. Originally I did not think about putting it up till after I had already finished so I did have some pictures but not of every single step of the process. I am still new to getting pictures on here so not to sure how to do it any other way than attaching the files

In the first picture I had just taken my box out and started working on getting everything out of the trunk

Next I had made a temp-let of how the inside was made where I was going to be mounting the wood, cut it out and started cutting the holes out for my speakers

After this I mounted the wood with the subs already attached and secured it to the car, also I ran some of my wire better to make everything easier and look nice when it was finished, then made some new grounds and sealed up any spots around the wood

I cut a piece of wood out for the floor and it fit a little loosly before putting the carpet walls back in, but after the sheet of wood was nice and snug

Running all my wires under the carpet I mounted my amps upside down to the bottom of the wood hanging down into the section where the spare tire used to be making them out of site and giving me my trunk space back //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif and then mounted my second battery over on the side with a couple of brackets to make sure it was not going anywhere

I decide to do this because I wanted my trunk space back and the box was not letting me get what I wanted out of my subs. Now they sound a lot better and love the lows

If you took the time to check this out, thanks.

If anyone is interested this is the guide I followed that helped me do this

First go at an infinite baffle install. - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

nice man, good work! are those 15s? im in the middle of rebuilding mine going to do a tantric hdd 15 sealed off from the trunk ported @35Hz. 5ft^3 after all displacements.

I ended up with a 3" thick wall for my sub(s). if you want some ideas on finishing the trunk or baffle, check out my build in the same car (2001).
Yeah I checked out your build a couple months back. You have some great stuff man

I love seeing IB builds. Looks really clean. Just 1 question, are your grounds on the spare tire tiedown hump? Is that ideal to use?
Two of my grounds are, it is a pretty thick piece of metal and I checked it with my dmm to see how good of a ground it was. It read good so I put them there and have not had a problem so far

i would recommend against using the spare tire tiedown hump. the best location would be on the floor itself and not through the pinch weld that is holding that part on.

Just an update on a couple of things I have done to my build. It was nice having my amps mounted under the board but they were not easy to access and I like to see them so I made this amp rack. I know it does not look the best but I put a good bit of work into it.

I will am planing to try and add another 6.5in speaker to each front door

In the progress of working on getting some new stuff and adding some new things over the next few months:

1. Singer 280a alt (being built now)

2. (2) ppi bk 1800: which I already have

3: A lot more deadening

4: 2 runs of 1/0

5: 2 sets of comps

6: (2) 15" thinking hdc3 but not 100% sure yet

7: Adding another batt or 2

Probably will be December before I get everything I listed but that is what's to come

Let me know what you think

IMG_1736_zps9f44e669.jpg'%20alt='IMG_1736_zps9f44e669.jpg'>

Got some wire in today: 100ft of Execution audio 0g and 100ft of Sky High 14g

Alt should be in next week sometime

Just got this in today and very excited to get it in my car.

Singer 280 amp 6 phase hairpin alternator: Does 297A (peak cold test) and a little over 280A after heat

[/img]

So here in an update--After a good bit of time, hard work, and part searching/ moding I have now got my new alt put in and started taking everything apart on the inside to get the old wire. Suppose to have 2 HDC3 subs on the way but it is starting to look like the guy is not going to send them. But anyways here are a few pics:

old alt next to the Singer alt

got the back out for taking out old wire and will hopefully get started on the new tomorrow

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.