Galant wall, 10 obsidian 10's ported 2 7kw amps. ;)

Notloud00
10+ year member

Quiet
Everywhere
Well after hearing my bro's 4 18's for the past 3 years i decided i wanted some bass. This what i came up with.

Changed my mind, i didnt like how low on port area i was..... so this is the new setup. It cost half as much and if i like it i will update it to twice the power and hdc3's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

8 soundqubed hds210's

1 crescendo 5500

3 datasafe hx 400's

Box will be 9.6 cubes with 171 inches of port tuned to 40hz.

This is not a box for burps, its suppose to be a ground pounder, the box will be all birch with a double baffle front, all sides will be braced with 2x4's.

My Galant is a flimsy pos for bass, so..... the doors are getting glassed and the rest of the car a layer of secondskin sludge. I will have a removable fiberglass mold of the floor under the backseat. It will screwed down to the stock seatbelt holes and the box will be glassed to it. I will have removable fiberglass molds of the trim panels that I glass to the box with fleece so the whole face is sealed from the back. the box face will also be glassed to the roof ( im taking out the headliner so I don't ruin it.)

I will have a floor from the front of the box extending to the back of the front seats, this will take up around 2 cub ft of cabin space and make the port load off the false floor and back seats.

hopin for over 150 at the headrest easy. Comments and criticisms welcome.

Pics of the car

Gutted backseat plus lunch trash lol

Yea i got a Uhaul hitch *******.

2 pieces of birch getting ready

Started my first mold.

After 3 layers i pulled her off. Not bad for my first time ever glassing huh? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif 4 more layers and this one will be done then on to the next one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

reserved

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics or it didn't happen. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/needpics.gif.edd6d28e76618c28c46f343991bcced5.gif
Thanks guys! Lol i havent done much so far. I did some research and glassing the floor doesnt help, im glad because that wouldve been 30 hours of work. Now im just going to glass and deaden the doors and deaden the roof. When my roommate gets back with the saw i can start on the box and hopefully dry fit it together.

oh and i posted a couple of pics up top.

decided to go soundqubed, subs are only 79 a piece and i have perfect room for 8 and the perfect port area. If it bangs hard enough ill put hdc3's in and double power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.